Sold my truck

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I am going to be diesel-less in a few days. Was a good rig and I will miss it....
On the good side, I now have over $4k in spending cash for my Galaxie and F100 :)
Current mission is getting my 76 F100 to ride perfectly, no shakes, no vibrations, no shimmies, etc. I'm 90% of the way there, love opening up that 390FE at 65mph and hitting my head on the back windshield... Fe's sound excellent at 5500+ rpms. I'm spending a good bit of time sanding/wire wheeling/welding on the Galaxie body, ETA 2years, it's possible, I swear!

so there!
Dp

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:cry::angel::D Well... At least your still working on Fords... Good luck and don't become a stranger around these parts.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on selling mine, I have too much into it for me to sell it at this point.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I always have too much in my vehicles.
But.... for me, a guy that is offshore 8 months a year, I was driving the diesel maybe 3,000 miles a year and the wife couldn't drive it.
With me putting the F100 on the road I don't think I would have driven the F250 at all.... Diesels need to work, not sit in a yard, so I did the sensible thing for me.

Drew

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I agree with you, you did the right thing for the situation.

My truck goes from sitting months on end, to full on road duty making runs up and down the state pulling the fifth wheel. I have had trouble from time to time justifying the truck for the same reasons (wife can't drive it being one of them.)

Good luck on the F-100! ;Sweet

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
yup. Mine is black on black. Aiming for a stroked 427 (482 ci) when it is all done.... will depend on finances when I get to that point.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to see her go, but as you said, it makes sense for your situation. She was a clean truck in good shape, and certainly the mechanicals were in excellent condition!

Don't be a stranger...I for one always welcome your opinion, and it would be sad to see you go...

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Good luck with the F100 Drew, the FE blocks will always have a soft spot in my heart, definitely a bad @$$ engine.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be doing the same thing...I hate to think about selling my truck after all I've done on it, but I gotta have something for a winter commute (40 miles each way) that won't drain my wallet...and this truck definitely would, even if it did get a consistent 20 mpg. I'm spending around $200 a month right now on 30-cents-a-gallon-cheaper gas for my Mustang that gets 22-23 mpg. Blah.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT???!

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force. Very sorry to hear this. I hope whomever you sell it to, appreciates that your IDI is way above average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin