this guy got a new truck!

clp13294

Reaction score
hey guys long time no talk...good news! as some of you may know i was seriously taking into consideration doing the psd swap on my 94 idi, well couldnt find any donor trucks in a reasonable price range so i just threw my truck up on craigslist to see if anyone would be interested in it...OH JESUS, about 12 calls in one day and 8 emails, one guy shot me an offer for 7200 cash(now mind you the truck needed a torque converter, main seal in the engine was leaking,trans lines were leaking and trans cooler was leaking and possible oil cooler o-rings leaking) and people still wanted it. this kid texts me and asks to trade straight up for a 2001 f-350 powerstroke 4x4 ZF6 with 190k on it. the previous owner had the truck down the dealer for a no start diag and the truck got a new PCM, injectors, fuel lines, sending unit, fuel pump everything fuel related front to back, and the kid gave me the receipts(ahh repairs alone were worth more than my truck) . needless to say, we met up shook hands and swapped trucks the following day. only thing thats up with the truck now is the airbag light and the ABS light, but i replaced the wheel bearing because it was to the point of no driveability and thats what may have thrown the light...the kid said something about the speed sensor in the rear end needing to be replaced but i havent pulled codes yet so i will do that tomorrow. overall i am happy with the truck, runs excellent and it has a 5 position chip, straight pipe, and a cold air intake so thats extra money i dont need to spend although i do need gauges.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet deal!! ;Sweet ;Sweet and you better have pictures!!!!

i dont know if the SDs do this or not but on some cars if the abs light is on the air bag light comes on as well.the air bag system also uses the speed sensors.fix the abs problem first and see if the air bag light goes out

clp13294

Reaction score
hey if you throw it on craigslist your bound to get a few offers on it haha. but i think i got lucky, this kid didnt know what he had, when i first talked to him on the phone i said yeah im looking for a powerstroke and he goes i thought yours was a powerstroke? i said no, its an idi. so he goes ok well is it still diesel? i said yes its diesel he goes ok i still want it, and for a minute i sort of felt bad for him but at the same time i felt no remorse for him and his lack of knowledge towards diesels, i didnt really care i just wanted his truck. but unfortunately i do not have pictures although i will be taking some tomorrow, it has a little cancer over the rear fenders but nothing worse than what my truck had, my old truck was a seasoned plow rig before i bought it so you can only imagine the rust repair i had to do. i do believe the super duties have the sensor in the rear end somehow intervened with the abs light, i have read a little about it already and i read about a harness under the seat and that if you move the seat back too far the harness stretches and airbag light comes on, i have yet to investigate. tonights objective was the wheel bearing it needed, ill start lookin at it more tomorrow and see what i come up with, and it needs tires so even if i fix the dash lights i cant get it inspected until i stick some rubber on it. still a little bit of work to do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online