So what did you do with your truck today?

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed Emissions / Opacity Test today. Blew slightly better numbers this year compared to last year...wasn't using Diesel Kleen last year, but the difference is so small it could anything. Tested at the same place.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll do a trans flush now.tomorrow i'll run out with the car and grab a couple cases of mercon 5.it's time for a flush anyway too.

and so i did.
yesterday i took chip to work.towing chipper and hauled a couple full loads of chips to the transfer station and then began to drive home.
stopped part way to grab a cup of joe and went to take off..........trans shifting late! uh oh i guess i didn't get it topped back up like i thought i did?
so limped her home nice and easy making sure i "helped" it into OD and insuring the converter was locked.

get home and check the fluid......right on the $.ok then,perhaps my TPS is out of adjustment then? checked it and sure enough! too low a setting at idle.
so did i forget to fully snug up the TPS bracket or mount bolts? nope.nice and tight.well ok,set it and go for a drive.........perfection!

ok so today i take the dump trailer and haul of a full load of wood on the truck and a load on the dump trailer.....then another load of large wood on just the trailer followed by another.
well on the last load headed over to dunkin donuts for a cup of joe.....late shifts! puffing smoke lugging in 4th.i could tell TPS out of adjustment again.

so i thought for a few seconds......ah! i know whats going on! a new TPS,all properly dialed in on a new IP......the idle screw on the IP i bet is vibrating a little bit and she knocking out my TPS settings......so i limped her back home and sure enough.this time i leave the TPS alone,and simply turn the idle screw on the ip back to where i get 1.2V @ idle for my TPS.
followed my loosing it right up,applying a little loc-tight ;) and setting her back.

took her out for a test drive and ........perfection!

so the idle screw has a spring on it and it was very tight to turn with the screwdriver but the bolt all cleaned up spotlessly ya know just that tiny bit of vibration knocked her out.so the loc-tight should cure that until she rusts back up a bit.:D

oh you guys i have got to tell ya,this moose ip is the cats ass!!!!!!
im so impressed i can't stand it!
usually i have always wished i had 4.10 gearing instead of the 3.55 R&P whenever i load the truck + the dump trailer with wood.with this bull moose i no longer wish that!!!! she takes it with ease! she's hardly puffing any smoke at all.when loaded she spools up so quick that she hardly puffs at all.
i did still order the hypermax smoke puff limiter from Mel's shop just to increase her efficiency even more though!:)

what's so impressive with the moose isn't so much (to me anyway) the added fuel but what is impressing me is the precision of the calibration! my god man my truck runs so smooooooth and just rolls along so much easier now and not just under load but when just going easy.this sucker is grade A++ quality!
i should of bought one years ago! spectacular guys.the moose ip's are not hype! they are quality precision calibrated masterpieces!
well done CDI! well done!;Sweet

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dad's Towing and Repair Service...

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i thought for a few seconds......ah! i know whats going on! a new TPS,all properly dialed in on a new IP......the idle screw on the IP i bet is vibrating a little bit and she knocking out my TPS settings......

wrong! so today i didn't even make it to work before it acted up.now the idle screw is nice and snug.i can still turn it,but it's not easy and no way it's vibrating around now.
get home and im looking everything all over.thinking maybe i forgot to snug up a bolt somewhere.....nothing!
so best thing i can come up with,is a bad motorcraft sensor right out of the box.there's no reason why it's not staying in spec.
i rummaged though the garbage in the garage but i just took the trash to the dump dangit.so can't toss the old one back in.so i'll just grab a TPS locally at the auto parts store tomorrow and see what happens.

tip;
you do not want a bull moose ip with a lugging engine.dangerous!:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I see the X is missing from your sig...you sell it?

Yup. I was glad to see it go, not the best example of one. Used and abused before me, and I got tired of having to fix all of the neglect. Family of "southerners" paid handsomely in cash.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i put my 87 F350 build on hold....
2 new projects

one i have to atleast start, one i dont know which way the tables will turn...

but if everything goes like clock work, my 63 is getting an IDI ;Sweet

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace my broken plastic passenger side inner door handle with a metal one. Already lubricated everything so it won't break again.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Pulled the fuel filter, alternator, brackets, and lift pump. Picked up a new pump, new filters, oil filter, and several gallons of rotella oil before getting sick as a dog...

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my son's truck (Skittles630) noticed his valve cover leaking on back driver side. Never seen philip head bolts before but it was loose. Tightening it up seem to fix it for now.

Took my truck bed off to access the fuel tanks so I can fix the pick up tubes and primer the back of my cab.

Also went to the bone yard and got some parts for my sons truck. Found me a nice bumper to get hopefully it's still there when I go back.
Did find a rust free set of fenders for a bull nose hopefully they are still there then as well. :sly

Almost forgot believe my sons truck to have a vacuum leak -cuss

Attachments

• Leaking  cover 84.jpg
    Leaking cover 84.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 20
  • No Bed 91.jpg
    No Bed 91.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my son's truck (Skittles630) noticed his valve cover leaking on back driver side. Never seen philip head bolts before but it was loose. Tightening it up seem to fix it for now.

Took my truck bed off to access the fuel tanks so I can fix the pick up tubes and primer the back of my cab.

Also went to the bone yard and got some parts for my sons truck. Found me a nice bumper to get hopefully it's still there when I go back.
Did find a rust free set of fenders for a bull nose hopefully they are still there then as well. :sly

your son need mirrors??

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

Yep,

The earlier 6.9's had phillips head bolts. I remember on the sheet that The Warden has posted a few time here lately one of the serial number breaks is a change of the phillips head bolts..... I'll see if I can find that list shortly........

IH loved phillips head bolts...... on our IH Cub Cadets, there are many phillips head bolts that we have replaced with hex, or socket head screws over ther years.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online