So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Groco 6 port valve. For marine applications, but very similar to the fuel tank selector valves used in general aviation.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Groco 6 port valve. For marine applications, but very similar to the fuel tank selector valves used in general aviation.
I want to put it next to my shifter, if I can. Try to put it near the middle of the floor like in small aircraft. Mostly just to satisfy my OCD. That’s where they are in my dad’s Cessnas, so that’s where they should be in trucks, in my mind…

I think it has a ‘both’ position, like my dad’s 182. But, I don’t think I can draw and return from both, will probably return too much fuel to one tank, then after a bit I’d be sucking air from one tank… and overflowing another. So I will probably have to use it like my dad’s 205, which does not have a ‘both’ position, even though the truck’s valve might have one…

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a nice exhaust note there is no need for a radio.
I used to say that, too...with a small-block winding 7200 RPM and a 'sounds like a pack of dogs' shift into 2nd...I had plenty to listen to...

Uh...eventually I cracked the block, stretched the rods, and fractured the crank (revealed by a magnaflux test) in five places...

But it was fun for a while...

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a new cover that hides the linkage inside the tailgate. I have nut/ bolt thread identifiers as well as thread chasers and taps & dies, both standard and metric. Unless the holes in the tailgate were Whitworth thread, I couldn't figure out what they were. I finally ran a 1/4"-28 tap through each hole and called it a day.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I installed a new cover that hides the linkage inside the tailgate. I have nut/ bolt thread identifiers as well as thread chasers and taps & dies, both standard and metric. Unless the holes in the tailgate were Whitworth thread, I couldn't figure out what they were. I finally ran a 1/4"-28 tap through each hole and called it a day.
Do you have ultra fine thread pitch metric identifiers? There is such a thing as a 1.0 thread pitch

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have ultra fine thread pitch metric identifiers? There is such a thing as a 1.0 thread pitch
Yes, I do. The closest to it was an M6-1.0 and the screws wobbled in the holes. #12-24 was closer but they still wobbled. I figured if I munged it up when running the 1/4"-28 tap I was going to put rivet nuts in there instead, turns out I didn't have to.

ihc1470

Reaction score
Made it to the local yard and was able to find a cruise servo (electric style) for the 94. Lots of vacuum style but only a couple of the newer systems. I knew about what length cable I needed to fit the factory turbo as I bought one off EBay which supposedly was for a 7.3 and maybe is but the cable was about 6 inches short. Anyway for anyone that might be looking the one I pulled was on a 460 equipped truck according to the emissions label. Cable length was perfect, thought I would pass that information on. Gives another option when looking for parts.

And it even worked once I found the hidden pigtail for the master cylinder switch.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I made a deal on a set of axles today, Dana 60 balljoint front, and Sterling 10.25 large pinion rear, with 4.10s, from a 95 F350.

However, they are dually axles, so the swap will result in my truck becoming a dually, an F350.

I have a full set of dually rims from my ‘90 parts truck

I don’t need this truck to be a dually, but I’m fine with it. I’ll just modify the flatbed on my parts truck and put it on there, while I search for a decent service bed.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I feel kinda dumb but maybe it just needed time to soak? Yeah probably not....

This summer I tried doing some work on the "scrap trailer" I bought this year. It's just a little 5x10 trailer, perfect for a lawnmower or something. It's had a load of scrap in it for several months now hahaha. The spring bolts were so seized up I gave up after beating on and soaking one of the bolts. Mushroomed it over and couldn't get it out so it was just sitting. I don't know if I tried it this summer or not but I kinda need the trailer soon so I was thinking about it and went at it with the ball joint press. Pretty much came right out what the..... Sure made me feel stupid for not getting it out sooner!

Here's the little b u g ger. (Really didn't think that would be censored )

You must be registered for see images attach

I need to do some work to it when it warms up but this will make it usable for now. The replacement bolt went right in easy. I think the biggest issue with this trailer is it sat way too much. The shackles are seized up. If anyone remembers this is the one they had 2x6 boards strapped above the axle.....

I'm kinda guessing maybe the rust swelling just made everything so tight the bushing couldn't do it's job? Nylon bushing in the spring looked intact.

Might loosen up after a trip up the road loaded LOL

Anyway, last night I ordered one of these…

This is my answer to the fuel selector valve. I was gonna do a transfer pump, that pulled fuel from the rear and put it in the front, but decided to just do this instead. I’d rather have a mechanical valve than another electric pump to worry about. I like the electric pump I use to feed the engine, but in my mind this is simpler.

I thought about running one of those. Still haven't made up my mind. Curious how well they would hold up to road salt spray over the winters here.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I feel kinda dumb but maybe it just needed time to soak? Yeah probably not....

This summer I tried doing some work on the "scrap trailer" I bought this year. It's just a little 5x10 trailer, perfect for a lawnmower or something. It's had a load of scrap in it for several months now hahaha. The spring bolts were so seized up I gave up after beating on and soaking one of the bolts. Mushroomed it over and couldn't get it out so it was just sitting. I don't know if I tried it this summer or not but I kinda need the trailer soon so I was thinking about it and went at it with the ball joint press. Pretty much came right out what the..... Sure made me feel stupid for not getting it out sooner!

Here's the little b u g ger. (Really didn't think that would be censored )

I need to do some work to it when it warms up but this will make it usable for now. The replacement bolt went right in easy. I think the biggest issue with this trailer is it sat way too much. The shackles are seized up. If anyone remembers this is the one they had 2x6 boards strapped above the axle.....

I'm kinda guessing maybe the rust swelling just made everything so tight the bushing couldn't do it's job? Nylon bushing in the spring looked intact.

Might loosen up after a trip up the road loaded LOL

I thought about running one of those. Still haven't made up my mind. Curious how well they would hold up to road salt spray over the winters here.
It’s brass so shouldn’t wear down, but I’m still gonna build a plate that will go underneath it. Same deal for the filters, and the fuel pump, that’ll get a skidplate too.