So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I killed my master cylinder. Fired it up to drive it into town, and at the driveway it didn’t really stop very good, so I ended up pushing down the parking brake. Popped the hood and it looks like the bottom of the master cylinder is cracked. I just drove the Dodge instead. However, this evening, I feel like I might be getting sick. If I’m still good in the morning, then I will get a master cylinder sometime tomorrow.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you using for mounts? That's always been a hangup, trying to find something that let's me mount and aim the lights.
Update on the lights- I drove around for about 10 minutes earlier this week. I learned that the angle iron wasn't stiff enough to prevent vibrations from effecting those top heavy lights. As I drove down the road and hit bumps I could see the light bouncing up and down slightly, and it annoyed me enough to do something about it. I bought some square tube and have that all ready to mount when the paint dries. I think it will solve the problem. I will get pics and give a final report after I install tomorrow.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just snug 2 regular nuts up tight against each other, highly unlikely it will ever come loose. Probably not even when you want it too.

James
Or what about those single oblong nuts that have the triangles cast in them....?

Would one of those work or be too much of a pain vs the double nut?

My local Ace (17 miles) have the oblong (not round) ones for sale....

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Today what did I do?
I left work early
Put the tail gate back on ye ol red long truck
Went to Home Depo for an hour
Put some wood in the back of ye ol red long truck

The tore the whole right side of my camper off to fix dry rot -Flame Thr

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Probably the "Add to Home Screen" option within your web browser itself, android has the same thing and icon looks exactly the same too.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, square tube worked better for the lights. The light buckets have a fixed length of threads to work with, and it isn't long enough to get to the other side of a 1 inch square tube, so I had to get creative with mounting the buckets to it. Ended up running a nut on both sides of my hole so I can tighten the top nut down to the nut inside the tube for left right adjustment and tightening. A bit more complicated than the angle iron. Another thing to think about is getting the mount bar situated in front of the radiator with the brace that runs in front of the rad. Have to feed it in from the side and work it into place, this limits your options for brace material.
You must be registered for see images attach

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced my master cylinder today. What a vast improvement. Seems that must have been the problem all along, this thing stops as good as it runs and starts! Brakes are definitely good enough for pulling trailers, EGTs are the limiting factor. So as far as repairs, getting the driveshaft balanced and the A/C system working better are all that’s left. Although A/C certainly isn’t needed this time of year.

EDIT: also needs new windshield and would like to get cruise control fixed, also need to get exhaust finished up.

First upgrade will be an intercooler, followed not in order by new body panels and paint, and Dana 60 swap. Plus bumpers and headache rack and lights and different mirrors and other minor stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron