So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grey cow was a brown swiss. I've got jerseys.
Do you make Butter from the Creme?

There was a lady down the road from us that has some Jerseys that we bought milk from.
Use to years ago buy Mayonaise in gallon glass Jars. Put Wax paper over the threads and screw down the lid so it didn`t leak, for $1.00.
Milk from a Cow not Homogenized or Pasteurized has a totally different taste.
The creme will be at the top and needs to be shake`d.

Goat

Last edited:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to drink it black, threw a disk in my lower back. Conversations with my acupuncturist told me to stop caffeine.

I said you kidding’ me........ I’m a shift worker!! She said add some fat with it then. I like it even better with fat!!

For those of us unlucky enough not to have access to great milk. Kalona is the best I’ve found.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Butter....eeyew. :puke:
I have seen old engine oil thick enough to use as a spread on toast.

Our Costco sells a Brand of milk called Modelo.
Their Whipping cream has no additives like most I see on the shelve`s.
Told my Wife should be able to make Butter out of it. Used her Food processor and sure enough we had Butter.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I drove over to my garage to work on my 97 KX250 (dirt bike). I have a friend who bought a house a couple of blocks before you get to my garage and he was there today so I stopped by to talk to him for a while. While I was there, another friend pulled up on his motorcycle with his wife on the back. They came inside and we all talked for a while. Then the second guy said "well, there's the bike. Go take it for a spin". Gee, twist my arm why don't you? So I did. I was just about to head up to my garage when the second guy's son called and wanted him to come help him out. His (farmer/rancher) boss just got a different truck a few days back and it keeps trying dying on him. Dad asked what it was and my ears perked up when he said that it's a 1990 F350 with a diesel in it. It quit running yesterday. He put a couple of gallons on fuel in it and it started right up, but did the same thing today. I immediately mentioned the shower head in layman's terms, but the boy wanted help. I volunteered to go along just in case. Long story short, the truck is ROUGH. No glow plugs and we killed the batteries trying to start it (he may have had them almost dead before he called). We did dump in the 10 gallons of fuel that we'd brought along, but it didn't quite work since it was on a hill with the driver's side downhill. I steered the truck back the 3/4 mile or so to the ranch house where he's staying. I drug out an extension cord and plugged in the block heater. He brought out another cord and a battery charger and I hooked that up. Then we all fiddled around for about 30 minutes. I shot a quick wiff of ether into the air cleaner and the truck fired right off and ran just fine. The truck probably needs all 8 glow plugs replaced and it needs return lines and o rings too, BUT it ran again so he was happy. So I didn't actually do much with my truck today, but I did work on a IDI so that kind of counts to me.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I used it to get my fat boy workout in today. Actually, I tree I cut down last winter had bark gone all the way to the ground on one side. After I cut it down, I saw two small branches that were clear at the top of the tree that were still green. I saw them but thought that they were from the tree growing 7'-8' away since their branches were intertwined. I kind of felt bad because I had promised not to cut down anything still alive. By that time, it was too late to worry about it and the tree probably wouldn't have survived for another year anyway. Since I had cut it down and it's almost time for farmers to put their cattle out in the pastures, I decided that I'd better get it cut up and hauled off so that I can burn it next winter. At least 75% of this load was from that one tree. The rest was on the way out from some trees that had blown down. I couldn't se the use of leaving without a close to full load. Next, I'll get to unload it.

Attachments

• 102_3978.JPG
    102_3978.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 13

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used it to get my fat boy workout in today. Actually, I tree I cut down last winter had bark gone all the way to the ground on one side. After I cut it down, I saw two small branches that were clear at the top of the tree that were still green. I saw them but thought that they were from the tree growing 7'-8' away since their branches were intertwined. I kind of felt bad because I had promised not to cut down anything still alive. By that time, it was too late to worry about it and the tree probably wouldn't have survived for another year anyway. Since I had cut it down and it's almost time for farmers to put their cattle out in the pastures, I decided that I'd better get it cut up and hauled off so that I can burn it next winter. At least 75% of this load was from that one tree. The rest was on the way out from some trees that had blown down. I couldn't se the use of leaving without a close to full load. Next, I'll get to unload it.
Looks like we had the same idea. I’m gonna be sore tomorrow!
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I’m gonna be sore tomorrow!
I already was. This is different though. Last Wednesday, I banged up my bad (worse) knee pretty good. It was starting to feel better until I did this. I don't know if it was all of the bending, walking, tripping over branches and wire laying on the ground, or all of the above, but that knee felt just about like it did last Wednesday night right after I hurt it. I've got to get it feeling better because I just made plans with a friend to take out a dead (so he says) tree in his yard next Sunday so I'll be doing it all again. Except this time, I'll have a bigger trailer.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put my new speedometer drive worm gear (7 tooth) in, and a new transfer case rear output shaft seal. Put in my 16 tooth speedometer driven gear in, and put the driveshaft back on, opened the hood, checked fluids, bypassed the glow plug relay with my pliers, shut the hood, hopped in, and it fired right up and ran just dandy. It has been sitting for a few weeks. I let it warm up, then went and checked cows with it. Took it for a drive on the highway to see how far off my speedometer is, read high, worked great for 3 miles or so, and then sheared the darn driven gear off! The drive gear is still fine, but I’m sure having a hard time…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 4

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my new speedometer drive worm gear (7 tooth) in, and a new transfer case rear output shaft seal. Put in my 16 tooth speedometer driven gear in, and put the driveshaft back on, opened the hood, checked fluids, bypassed the glow plug relay with my pliers, shut the hood, hopped in, and it fired right up and ran just dandy. It has been sitting for a few weeks. I let it warm up, then went and checked cows with it. Took it for a drive on the highway to see how far off my speedometer is, read high, worked great for 3 miles or so, and then sheared the darn driven gear off! The drive gear is still fine, but I’m sure having a hard time…
My bronco speedometer is wonky too. And I spent a whole lot of time fixing on it, too.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’d you do to get it to work? I am wondering if my speedo cable has too much resistance or something
I did have to pull my cable out and load it up with PB blaster and stuff to get it spinning smoothly. I think it's actually in my gauge now. After driving for a while at a constant speed itll just drop to zero. But after you come to a complete stop for a moment it'll work when you go again. Pull your whole cable, and pull the actual cable out of the shielding and clean it, lube it, spin it, etc.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today's list was a myriad of things. First, I bought a new bar, chain, and spark plug for my MS251 chain saw. Then, after I got back to my garage, I started hooking up to my flat bad trailer. As I was doing that, I heard a woman's voice call my name. I thought that was strange, but went to see who it was. I was surprised because this woman is a real B word so my first thought was "what the F is she doing here?" She asked me if I could stop by her house and jump start her truck for her. I said "sure." I finished hooking up to my trailer and got her truck jump started. When she asked how much she owed me she, was shocked when I told her "nothing". That's the way the she and her late husband have been since before I moved around here. They always think that nobody will do something for nothing, but that's probably because they're (were) that way. Driving to her house, jump starting her truck, and driving back to my garage took less than 10 minutes and I like to do things like that for her just to show that not everyone's like that. Even though that was about only the fourth time that she has asked me for anything. Next, I had to throw a "probably more permanent than I want to admit temporary wiring harness on my trailer so I can use it tomorrow. Next up was installing a new vacuum pump I had a couple of old ones complete with pulleys and mounting brackets laying around. For some reason, the first pulley didn't want to go onto the new shaft straight even though I had just pulled it off of an old one. I had to fight like crazy to get the two parts of my puller that actually hook to the pulley to remove it to go onto the second pulley. I finally managed to get that one pulled off and it went back onto the new pump SOOO easy. Then I remembered that I had to fight one that was on my Bronco the same way. The puller parts just didn't want to slide underneath the groove on the pulley. The new pump will pull 21" of vacuum at an idle while the old one would only get up to 17" on the highway so I'm happy with that. I threw the old vacuum pump back into the box that the new one came in so I could carry it around for a spare. It's not great, but will still stop the truck. Then I got my two chain saws ready for tomorrow's tree cutting party, and finally rewarded myself with a dirt bike ride.

Attachments

• 102_3986.JPG
    102_3986.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 7
  • 102_3987.JPG
    102_3987.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 102_3988.JPG
    102_3988.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 102_3989.JPG
    102_3989.JPG
    853.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 102_3990.JPG
    102_3990.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 6

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's list was a myriad of things. First, I bought a new bar, chain, and spark plug for my MS251 chain saw. Then, after I got back to my garage, I started hooking up to my flat bad trailer. As I was doing that, I heard a woman's voice call my name. I thought that was strange, but went to see who it was. I was surprised because this woman is a real B word so my first thought was "what the F is she doing here?" She asked me if I could stop by her house and jump start her truck for her. I said "sure." I finished hooking up to my trailer and got her truck jump started. When she asked how much she owed me she, was shocked when I told her "nothing". That's the way the she and her late husband have been since before I moved around here. They always think that nobody will do something for nothing, but that's probably because they're (were) that way. Driving to her house, jump starting her truck, and driving back to my garage took less than 10 minutes and I like to do things like that for her just to show that not everyone's like that. Even though that was about only the fourth time that she has asked me for anything. Next, I had to throw a "probably more permanent than I want to admit temporary wiring harness on my trailer so I can use it tomorrow. Next up was installing a new vacuum pump I had a couple of old ones complete with pulleys and mounting brackets laying around. For some reason, the first pulley didn't want to go onto the new shaft straight even though I had just pulled it off of an old one. I had to fight like crazy to get the two parts of my puller that actually hook to the pulley to remove it to go onto the second pulley. I finally managed to get that one pulled off and it went back onto the new pump SOOO easy. Then I remembered that I had to fight one that was on my Bronco the same way. The puller parts just didn't want to slide underneath the groove on the pulley. The new pump will pull 21" of vacuum at an idle while the old one would only get up to 17" on the highway so I'm happy with that. I threw the old vacuum pump back into the box that the new one came in so I could carry it around for a spare. It's not great, but will still stop the truck. Then I got my two chain saws ready for tomorrow's tree cutting party, and finally rewarded myself with a dirt bike ride.
Someone posted a receipt on FB today that they paid $875.31 for a vacuum pump replacement on an 87

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance