So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I can perfectly understand what you guys are talking about. I mainly fixed farm tires like these when I worked at the local Good Year store for about 18 months. It's MUCH easier to do with the right tools. A few months after I quit there, a guy got me to fix one that was on the back of his small International tractor. The tire had only been there for about 6 months and it was still hard to get it off without the right tools. I did it though. I was lucky enough that the installer (who worked at Firestone) didn't clean up the rim good enough and some rust had rubbed a small hole in the tube.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I got to drive my truck for the first time since august

I swapped the injectors from my busted engine onto the new one and replaced the return lines. Runs like a dream now!!! It’s insane how scary of a noise a bad injector can make. Exhaust is hazy but it’s okay, I’m sure that’s the timing.

Couldn’t get my DTI to work right though, I’ll have to watch some videos to see what I’m doing wrong. I think it has to do with the magnet not sitting right.

Hopefully I can drive it full time next week
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about that. I know that I can do a better job, faster than 99% of the shops out there.
My friend has a 96 7.3 PowerStroke. He took it to a shop to get an estimate on re sealing the turbo/pedestal, a fuel pump, and u joints just because he was super busy. They quoted him about 2000$. Now I’m thinking, I’ve removed this engine 2 times now since I rebuilt it, I’m not super mad and I’ll fully admit (it being my first real engine rebuild) that I made some mistakes. The first time was to fix a bunch of oil leaks. I’m sure that would’ve costed more than 2k in labor. Then the head gaskets I’m doing right now, easily 1500$ in labor. I think we are all very lucky that we have these skills.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about that. I know that I can do a better job, faster than 99% of the shops out there.
AND since it's your own work it's free! You just imploded the "pick any two" work triangle! :shoot:

Don't go to Kansas boys, there's a tear in the time-space continuum! :rotflmao

I can't say I'm always faster, but I can say I almost always do a better job, and the only person I can blame for pooching up the job is me. Thanks to forums and the people here that share wins, fails and tips I rarely make a significant mistake. And when I do I get to be the one to share!

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t get my DTI to work right though, I’ll have to watch some videos to see what I’m doing wrong. I think it has to do with the magnet not sitting right.

Hopefully I can drive it full time next week

With the DTI meter, the RPM is read by the injector pulse. The mag probe is only for timing. Check first without the mag probe connected and make sure you’re getting a fairly steady rpm. If not clean the line better and make sure you’re getting a good ground as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the probe has to be almost touching the balancer.
I think what I did wrong was my placement of the transducer, I did not have it snug up against the injector line nut it was on the other side of that bend

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online