So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got the mounting holes drilled out in my brake MC and got it bolted back up. It sure is nice to build vacuum at an idle again and it's also nice to be able to use the brakes and then still have vacuum assist if you need to use them right away for some reason.:Thumbs Up
After getting the master bolted back up, I checked the brake fluid. it's a good thing I did since it was close to being empty. Apparently it's leaking faster than I thought it was. Then it was off to town to buy some brake fluid which wasn't entirely awful since I got the chance to test out the new headlight combo without a full moon interfering. If I wanted to be picky, I could say that I wish they were a little bit brighter (of course if they were, then it would probably be blinding up close to the truck). They could light up the ditches better up close to the truck as well, but within about 40', the side patterns are fine. That's probably more of the design of the headlights themselves instead of how the LEDs shine. They do have good range and certainly aren't any worse that the LMC H4s that were in there before. Since they are LEDs, it does put less of a strain on the electrical system which was most of the point in the first place. I'd say that they are a success and that I'm happy with them. Now I just have to order some quality LEDs (next paycheck).

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I hit a 8 point whitetail doing 105 one night;.

I hit a 4-5-6pt bull elk one nite few yr ago on MtHood up here in Oregon, didn’t have time to count pts, but I sure he weighed bout 10,000 #
Was in my’90 LBCC DUALLY, with my big heavy duty “cowcatcher “ grill guard (that saved my butt) at bout 80mph. That thang got under, rolled round, bounce me round, tumbled round, I spit it out to rt side, & I kept going.
Finally decided to stop & ck things out. Afraid it had tore something up under neath. Every thing ok.
Next morning at work other guy that was couple mi behind me was hollerin bout “that damn big elk laying in middle of road he hit last nite at......”
I ducked my head and keep quiet LOL
Offered to give him ride home if he needed it.....

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not what I did with my truck, it's what my truck did to me...

The radio kakked.

It's the original. Cassette. Din and a half, high, etc...

I LOVED the buttons and dials. I hate all the crap on the new things where you have to push this button, go through a menu... hope you catch the right one, and don't have to start again... Get the right one, and hope it goes the direction you wanted... Now you have to start all over again, because you couldn't keep your eyes off the road for that long... Etc.

I guess I am looking for a simple replacement now.

I forgot where the local luddite store is. Guess I'll have to google it...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not what I did with my truck, it's what my truck did to me...

The radio kakked.

It's the original. Cassette. Din and a half, high, etc...

I LOVED the buttons and dials. I hate all the crap on the new things where you have to push this button, go through a menu... hope you catch the right one, and don't have to start again... Get the right one, and hope it goes the direction you wanted... Now you have to start all over again, because you couldn't keep your eyes off the road for that long... Etc.

I guess I am looking for a simple replacement now.

I forgot where the local luddite store is. Guess I'll have to google it...

Hmm... I might have Grandpa's old one somewhere. AM only with pushbutton presets LOL

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm considering just installing one of those tiny sets with no cd or anything. Cheap. Stuff it sideways into the ashtray. LOL And stick a thumb drive in it.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckly and knock on wood never hit an elk with my bull nose but I did in my 95 k2500 heavy half out side st anthony Idaho at 70. All the deer that thing has smoked abd an elk did its grill in I drove to willard Utah with one headlight that was way out of wack and didnt leak a drop at the inlaws I pulled the bumper out and went another 500 miles with it them elk are sturdy when it comes to trucks

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't like to admit when I do something really stupid, but here it is. I bought the Ex Wife without a title. Tonight after work, I took the Blue truck to get the title from the seller. It wasn't a planned thing on my part. He didn't mention that he'd have to get his bank to release the lien on the title until I was there with the cash and borrowed trailer. I just really didn't want to let this one get away so I took the chance. He said that he'd have his wife let me know when the title got there, but I still had to get ahold of him. At least I got it and that's what's important.
On the way back home, I got a nice view as well. It was almost dark and about 3/4 miles south of his farm, I saw a NICE muley buck chasing a doe. He was about 30 yards off of the road while she was about twice as far. They were both on a little bit of a rise on the west side of the road and there was just barely enough light left in the sky to let me see him in silhouette. He was at least a borderline monster if not entirely a monster. Either way, I would have LOVED to have him in my crosshairs during hunting season!

dan-o

Reaction score
Don't worry about the rim, It'll be ok. Those dually rims are pretty stout. You probably didn't even nick the paint. :Thumbs Up.

I hope your hand gets better, too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online