So what did you do with your truck today?

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine never rusted. I had a 1982 F-350 and pulled my Jeep all over Calif and other places. Rust is not a big deal here.

I bought this from Fla specifically because it never saw NE salt roads, no rust on the body but these chrome parts took it tough. Much easier to fix or replace than sheet metal at least.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after driving it a couple times and seeing how mechanically solid it is I couldn't let it slip through my hands. I worked out a deal with Rich and Diego is going to be my new Daily!

You must be registered for see images attach

Friday I got the wiring pigtail and today I carefully trimmed the stock surround and fit a radio in. I only have drivers side speakers so I don't know if I screwed up the wiring or if the issue is in the door wiring. Maybe it's related to the passenger window not working?

Anyway I'm excited! Needs a couple small things but nothing major.

Schweet congrats bro that's a diamond in the not even that rough.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schweet congrats bro that's a diamond in the not even that rough.

Thanks! It's not as clean as it looks but it's definitely not in bad shape either. A couple small rust spots that should be easy to fix. Very solid truck.

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did return lines on the 85 I got from @IDIoit . @typ4 makes a great return line kit. Even makes the engine look better. :)

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

IDI87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on some $30 Chinese fleabay rear views, not crazy about them they look kinda cheesy but good enough until I get the rusty pitted originals restored.

I have those same ones and I absolutely hate them. Stupid things never stay adjusted.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A heavy grease is better. Bar and chain oil is kinda good.

There's a Krown dealer next town over from work that I'd like to take it to. Just a matter of availability of funds. If that doesn't happen I figured any oil I might have would be better than nothing. My problem is we had such a warm fall late into the season that I still keep thinking there's a little time left but that white stuff is already in the forecast for this week....

I'm just glad I didn't get hammered with it like some of the folks on here did already!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the last tire dismounted from the cab and chassis wheels today and loaded them up to get them blasted and painted at work.

Oh yeah and...

$15 and all it needs is a bath! As an added bonus, it completely covers the rust spot at the top of the A pillar on Diego!

Of course I'll be treating the rust spot before installing it but it's nice to know it will be hidden anyway!

BlackNoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the last tire dismounted from the cab and chassis wheels today and loaded them up to get them blasted and painted at work.

Oh yeah and...

$15 and all it needs is a bath! As an added bonus, it completely covers the rust spot at the top of the A pillar on Diego!

Of course I'll be treating the rust spot before installing it but it's nice to know it will be hidden anyway!

I have always wanted to put one on my truck, but can't find the heart to drill holes in my perfectly good roof... :-(
Clearance lights also... But I just can't do it!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I like the look of clearance lights, but always found them to be distracting at night. It took a while to get used to the extra light shining on the hood.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted to put one on my truck, but can't find the heart to drill holes in my perfectly good roof... :-(
Clearance lights also... But I just can't do it!

Yeah I have a hard time with that normally but I'm willing to make an exception for this.

I bought clearance lights for my Chevy years ago, just couldn't bring myself to drill the holes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86