So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not necessarily the smartest idea I've had, but when's the last time you saw a 95 Ford F-150 Supercab Long Box 4x4 pulling an 89 Ford E-350 Extended van?
I hope you didn't have to go very fast or far. That would have caught a lot of wind loaded backwards like that.

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I re registered the Ambo today. A month overdue but still within the three month period of not having to do the more expensive/thorough inspection here in Oz (NSW). :Thumbs Up

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a "new" trailer. Needs all the lighting replaced and some of the decking repaired. Tires are very dry rotted but hold air fine. 16' deck with 4' dovetail so 20' overall.

Not too bad for $700?

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not too bad at all. I haven't seen very many trailers of that type that were bumper pull. It looks like it was made that way, not a conversion. I can also see that it has the mobile home style wheels and tires. It should be a good one.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too bad at all. I haven't seen very many trailers of that type that were bumper pull. It looks like it was made that way, not a conversion. I can also see that it has the mobile home style wheels and tires. It should be a good one.

Yeah it has a pintle hitch. Towed nice the two hours home. I was concerned about those wheels but... The title says it's a 1976 homemade trailer so I'm guessing that was before they started making those axles "disposable". I've heard most of the new ones the races are machined right onto the spindles so they can't be replaced making them useless once the races wear.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, i would love a nice trailer like that for hauling. by chance i was at my local u-haul and asked about the old car trailers. they have an old one for sale for 800 but it will need some work. they partially cut it and re purposed it from a car trailer to a pod hauler. it only has 5 lug wheels and probably a 12 to 13 ft car deck size. i would much prefer something that size!

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it only has 5 lug wheels and probably a 12 to 13 ft car deck size. i would much prefer something that size!
Those trailers are not ba as long as your not trying to put a full size pickup on them I squeezed a reg cab long bed chevy on one once and it barely fit and pulled horrible because it was too much for the trailer but something smaller and it would be great

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Those trailers are not ba as long as your not trying to put a full size pickup on them I squeezed a reg cab long bed chevy on one once and it barely fit and pulled horrible because it was too much for the trailer but something smaller and it would be great

that is actually what the guy quoted. he mentioned just barely squeezing a full sized reg cab long bed on. i guess i was was just really hoping for more capacity. that and i would have to buy metal to fill in the center and build new ramps since they were gone if i wanted car or regular trailer usage back. i guess i need another project like i need a hole in my head.......actually my wifey might put a hole in my head if i drag home another project LOL

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very "custom" :Thumbs Up
That cover sheet with masking tape is "the go". My son, who is an industrial painter, put me on to it too. Best thing since sliced bread :cheers:

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350 Mile round trip, mostly 4 lane @ 65 - 70 mph. Averaged 12mpg...... AC turned on for 1/2 of it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the annual mountains trip.

Truck ran pretty good until it blew a charge pipe off. Not so good NA. Still not convinced I’ve got my temp issue resolved. Going out the hills are steeper and the head wind was absolutely brutal. Temp was 85 ish. Ran super cool coming back but it was 60 and raining. Think I’m going to end up bypassing the turbo water to the radiator.

I have got to fix this.

If it gets the least bit wet, I’m totally blind. I need to go over the body in the front. Something has shook loose. My driver door is into the fender again and it’s not the pins this time. Always something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88