So what did you do with your truck today?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
she wants to sleep in she says. Has nothing to do with the Monday swap meet in town she says. Just wants a break from hauling she says. Guess she will have all the time in the world to pack today I say. Unless her feet are up to the challenge I don't think she will be making the swap meet today. Lol. I don't usually take the *****. Usually just keep them well stirred. Not today!

Last edited:

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed intermittent wipers switch from junkyard I found today, much better than my high/low switch I had and I got motocraft parts that looked pretty new. Also went and got Christmas tree today found a nice patch of trees on side of log road

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put these in my truck today. I asked orylies for the biggest battery they had, amps wise and she says we keep motorcraft in the back and they only fit your application.
156 bucks each, with a 10 year warranty. 36 months free replacement, the rest is pro rated but still, I think they were a good buy.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U joint froze or maybe the carrier seized, it’s really odd because the ujoints had no play but the carrier bearing made some noise, but it still spun once I took it off the truck. Maybe it got hot and seized and once I got it off it cooled enough to spin... dunno for sure

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another Tuesday for me. Picked up a Isuzu Trooper(4500lbs) for a friend, and got another IDI at the same time... GCVWR close to 16K.
I pulled it all with Big Red, my '93. She handled just fine, going 70 on the highway. When pulling onto an (slightly uphill) onramp, I was up to 65 before merging... pretty happy about that.

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally installed an oil and water gauge. Took my time and did it right because I hate doing something twice.

Was pleased with the readings and I did keep the factory gauges working just because 2 sets of gauges beats 1 set.

Although I expected the oil line to immediately fill up with oil entirely instead of seeing air pockets in it, but it works and it’s truly useful to see actual measurements outside of the ol factory gauges needle somewhere in the “Normal” range!!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towed a heavy b*%< I bought from the auction. E450 medical schoolbus. Trailer alone is 9k lbs and a 40ft deck

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did she handle ?

She actually wasn’t too bad. Did 55 no problem. Up our biggest grade I got down to 30-35 but She made the 1hr trip. Just went slow and took my time. The hardest part is doing it with a crew cab long bed and th turning radius trying to maneuver this. I had to go around a lot of streets as I couldn’t make turns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Members online