So what did you do with your truck today?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Turning radius is huge towing with a crewcab. Our 5th wheel is 30 ft. then add the crewcab and you plan turns the day before you get there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today I tackled the intake oil leak. Been believing it was the gasket under the Banks turbo hat...Nope.. It was me not getting the rubber hose from the hat to the turbo installed correctly. How that happened is a wonder. Cleaned everything. Cut a new gasket. Installed dry. Road test later today...Might me picking up a craftsman 12 inch lathe later next wekk bou 80 miles from me...I sure want it more than I need it...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Tried out the new manual tire changer.

Conquered!

Thank God I began my career in crappy tire shops! Also got to use my favorite toy on some seized brake bleeders.

Conquered.

Getting my little home plow truck ready for the lame NJ winter.

It belonged to my friend and chiropractor who passed away last year; so even though it should be in a junk yard I can't! I'm glad to put it to use.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
I got the same tire changer, I had to do some reinforcement of the bead breaker eventually but I have probably done 12 dozen sets of tires with mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far still on the road, done 600 miles today and will finish up in the morning, pulling this brand new 20ft airstream to port in ca from Az amazingly I’m averaging 21mpg with it. I did one tank at 70mph and it dropped to 14. If I set cruise at 60 I’m getting 20-22.5. I think the new 4:10s don’t like it above 60 for mileage

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far still on the road, done 600 miles today and will finish up in the morning, pulling this brand new 20ft airstream to port in ca from Az amazingly I’m averaging 21mpg with it. I did one tank at 70mph and it dropped to 14. If I set cruise at 60 I’m getting 20-22.5. I think the new 4:10s don’t like it above 60 for mileage
20 seems high, but I totally get 14 at 70. I averaged 11 with a big (older) truck camper, but I was going 70-74 most of the time... and of course, there's a /lot/ of wind resistance there, possibly more than with a (lower, more aerodynamic) travel trailer. And of course, airstream to boot...

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning radius is huge towing with a crewcab. Our 5th wheel is 30 ft. then add the crewcab and you plan turns the day before you get there.
How much does your fifth wheel weigh Gary? I'm looking to sell our motorhome and buy a fifth wheel instead.
I want the biggest one I can get that one of our trucks can safely handle

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 seems high, but I totally get 14 at 70. I averaged 11 with a big (older) truck camper, but I was going 70-74 most of the time... and of course, there's a /lot/ of wind resistance there, possibly more than with a (lower, more aerodynamic) travel trailer. And of course, airstream to boot...

The airstream is a single axle pretty small trailer. The truck doesn’t really notice it. At 60mph my egts stay at 350 so it’s just cruising. But heading west from Arizona on the 10 it’s absolutely flat.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delivered the airstream to Port Hueneme. Towed great from tubac Az

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the tailgate apart enough to figure out why it wouldn't unlatch.

Apparently that little "thumb" keeps popping out. I don't know if a new latch would fix it or not given the quality standards of "new" parts nowadays.

Put it back together and it seems to work if I'm gentle. We'll see how long...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Went for a long drive today. Picked up my ebay item in Victorville today.Cruised up Cahon Pass bout 75 mph in overdrive.Not even sweating anything.Oil temp sure did climb but coolant and pyro was fine. Never heard the fan come on either. Miles driven was about 160 round trip.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a long drive today. Picked up my ebay item in Victorville today.Cruised up Cahon Pass bout 75 mph in overdrive.Not even sweating anything.Oil temp sure did climb but coolant and pyro was fine. Never heard the fan come on either. Miles driven was about 160 round trip.
Should’ve let me know I’m close to Victorville!