so i guess its time for an update

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I havent posted much in awhile because i have been busy with life, but here is an update:
My grey truck got a new heart transplant its a 6.9 motor bored .020 over, has a turbo pump maxed out on both screws, timing is so far advanced the injection pump sets sideways in the valley lol has turbo injectors, copper coated headgaskets with stock headbolts, has some minor precup porting but other than that nothing too special, ats turbo modified, makes more boost than my 20psi gauge will read, this motor has been in the truck since i think september of 2011 and been boosting over 20 psi daily, it has some pretty amazing power too, i hauled another 3quarter ton 4x4 ford diesel on a 20ft trailer up our 7% grade mountain and never fell below 60 =mph granted i set my truck on fire at the top of the mountain, fuel leak+high egt= fire! but got the fire out and didnt loose my truck thank god, so now it time for the list of broken parts, both ujoints in the rear driveshaft have been replaced 3 weeks ago they were only 8 months old, passenger side motor mount broke, and last but not least broke the bell housing on it, pics to come soon, im getting a bellhousing friday, but im seriously thinking about dropping my factory turbo 7.3 in here with all my goodies to see if i can get more power i think i have found the limit of my 6.9 without spending big bucks

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
That is sweet!!! But factory head bolts are good to 12 psi only LOL!!!!!!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
That is sweet!!! But factory head bolts are good to 12 psi only LOL!!!!!!!!

Thats what they say, new gaskets and copper coating and proper cleaning and torque procedures and mine have been holding over 20psi for a good while now this thing just wont kill this motor, i keep breaking truck parts but this motor just takes all the fuel and timing and boost i throw at it and wont give up

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda tend to agree with the other guys about the studs. It might take 20psi for a while but eventually you are gonna have to replace that gasket. It is cool that you are testing the limits of a stock engine though. You said you have both screws on the IP maxed out, is the IP a turbo injection pump?

Also what is your timing set at? I'm curious about that too. Do you have a timing meter? You might be able to rent one from Gary...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I can boost over twenty with the timing set in many various places, it has a turbo pump with both screws turned for max fuel, i modified my outlet housing that pretty much all that it done to the turbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online