snapped shock mount.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my upper shock mount on the frame rail snapped on me last night -cuss-cuss-cuss

thought the truck was a little bouncy so climbed underneath and found it just leaning against the exhaust. got i hate trucks up here in canada they always rust away.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
lol i have to say that sucks man. I have read a couple other instances on here that the same thing has happened. I worry about mine doing the same thing due to me running a duel shock on the stock tower. But then again here in cali we dont have as much of the metal eaters :puke:

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I'm griping about the heat and humidity here in Louisiana, I just think about how glad I am I dont have to deal with rusty trucks.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah. Well I'm gonna take some pictures of all the really bad Areas of the truck just to show you guys haha. Stupid thing is I didn't even
Have any weight on the rear when it snapped.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your shock is going to apply the same amount of slowing force empty as it will loaded. Those upper mounts do get rusty. The Scarlet Moose has some that are not 100%, but will be OK for a while. What are people doing for replacements? Are these attainable through LMC or the like?

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just go right through ford. I never have time to wait for things to come in mail. My upper shock mount cost me only 40 dollars. And then I got 3 grade A bolts from a local suspension shop for free :)

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
for me it still takes ford 2-3 days to get parts in. takes the same ordering it threw jeffs. and cheaper threw jeffs.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I busted the shock bracket off the frame on my 92 while out four-wheeling about 10 years ago. I guess that's what happens when you take a crew cab, long bed truck out on jeep trails.........

I ran it like that for many years with only 3 shocks..... Finally replaced it last year.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for me it still takes ford 2-3 days to get parts in. takes the same ordering it threw jeffs. and cheaper threw jeffs.

Last time ordered something from Jeffs I paid for the next day shipping. And it took a week to get here haha. And really? Everything from ford I get same day. They have a warehouse not to far from where I live. Only thing bugging me is my oil cooling tube is leaking but I got the price on a new one yesterday :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle