Slave cylinder

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So l just lost my 4th slave cylinder in 50,000 miles, the last one lasted 30,000. Is there anyone making a metal one that's not going to split on the seam? Thanks

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have done this already, but check the throw-out bearing. It seems like when people are having a hard time with the slave and master, the root problem is the effort required for the clutch to disengauge more than substandard hydraulic parts.

Just a thought.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After your 4th slave, I think the issue lies elsewhere. Looks like its time to pull the tranny.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Um what year truck do you have? Are you sure there isn't firewall flex that could be ruining your slaves?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sig says 94. I think it was fixed by then from the factory right? If it's splitting the slave on the bellhousing, I stand behind the premise there is probably something wrong in the belhousing.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Is there a possibility of too much master cylinder travel?
I mean could that do it?
I know when I had my transmission out of my 94, I accidentally pushed the clutch down and the same thing happened with the slave.
So with that said, also sounds pressure plate related.
Slade, is it a aftermarket clutch?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Oh sorry tapatalk didn't put the. sig in. In that case it's not your firewall. You should take your slave off and see what kind of movement you have. Sorry I'm kind of sick and noticed it was the slave not master

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slave cylinder problems are always related to high pedal effort. High pedal effort is due to the throw out bearing galling on the input shaft sleeve. It's not well known, but you really need to pull your TOB fork periodically, and get your hand in there with a rag and wipe all the old dirty grease off, and re-apply new. Also inspect the fork for wear. The TOB contact surface should be very small. If the fork has a worn flat spot on it, then it is time to replace the fork.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.