single stack attack

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
so just bought my self a brand in the box sealed for 60$ good price? gonna be going on tommorow hopefully cant wait will get pics when finished

vmax3_2001

Reaction score
Hey yall, i'm wanting to put stacks on mine but not sure if i want a single or double. What are the benifits if any or is it more about preference and looks..I was thinking either a single 6" or duel 5". Stock 89 7.3 NA 2 wheel drive auto C6.

tractorman86

Reaction score
duals just look cooler, on a stock NA you will probably want a muffler in between the engine and the elbow for the through bed pipe cause they get LOUD!!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What material are your guys stacks made of? Are they regualer steel or stainless?

Regular aluminized steel, chrome would not work at all for my truck - tis painted bright baby-blue to match my side stripes. And since today, it has a rain cap on it again, yes tis a miter-cut stack with a clapper :D

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Oh, I would think stainless would look alot better polished rather then chrome, and it would hold up to the elements alot better as well

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, either way tis too much bling for me, and everyone and their mom (like Gare's mom) already has shiny stacks.

sootman73

Reaction score
Oh, I would think stainless would look alot better polished rather then chrome, and it would hold up to the elements alot better as well

true chrome is very good. it wont rust unless you cut one end and water gets under it. thats why i was stuck with my four footers cuz there was no way i was cutting the bottom off of $200 stacks!cookoocookoo

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I just found a set of 5" stainless steel stacks for $150. They are 48" tall, and if I can talk the guy down a bit I might just get them. I want to run mine external and put heat guards around them so the once I do the tilt nose conversion it will look like a "mini-semi", except with 4 doors. I just need to figure out how to cross under the truck without hitting the driveline.

Nevermind... The guy just emailed back and said that he mislisted the stacks, and they are chrome.

Last edited: