Silverstar bulb?

jvencius

Reaction score
A couple of weekends ago I installed a pair of Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs in Maggie's (my wife) Subaru and WOW--I like 'em. They put out light that's "whiter" than the stock bulbs did and that light seems to project farther so that's got me thinking about replacing the stock headlights with Silverstars (fog lights too, if possible). Has anyone else done this and if you have, what part # bulbs did you use?

Strictly Diesel

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
jvencius said:
A couple of weekends ago I installed a pair of Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs in Maggie's (my wife) Subaru and WOW--I like 'em. They put out light that's "whiter" than the stock bulbs did and that light seems to project farther so that's got me thinking about replacing the stock headlights with Silverstars (fog lights too, if possible). Has anyone else done this and if you have, what part # bulbs did you use?
I'm assuming you have a 99-03 Super Duty, if you have an older truck the answer will be different.

Headlights: 9007
Fog Lights: 9005

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
jvencius said:

My truck takes the 9007s and I agree that the Silver Stars are great. I even went further and got Diamond Clear Headlights and PIAA 520 fog lamps. A great triple combo!

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score
ITPDiesel said:
I'm assuming you have a 99-03 Super Duty, if you have an older truck the answer will be different.

Headlights: 9007
Fog Lights: 9005

That's what I used in my 02 and they work great.... ;Sweet

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
Along with the Silverstars you should upgrade the wiring.

Go here .

Makes an ever more noticeable difference. Somebody (Ford_Forgotten???) had a cheaper way to do this but I cannot find it right now

Hope this helps,

Tom

jvencius

Reaction score
kwazyca said:
Along with the Silverstars you should upgrade the wiring.

Go here .

Makes an ever more noticeable difference. Somebody (Ford_Forgotten???) had a cheaper way to do this but I cannot find it right now

Hope this helps,

Tom

Cool--thanks for the info. I'm not terribly fond of doing electrical work, so the cost for that harness really isn't all that bad to save me some trouble.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony