show off your IDI

Petek

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

not the best looking by any means but including the truck and all of the work ive got in it, it has only cost me $1500 total.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score

this is not a diesel, but I thought I would show you pics of my tuff truck and what happens when you jump a 3/4 ton 4x4 ford.

:rotflmao HD44's have no business in a heavy truck....:puke:

-Jon

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
guess ill post a pic of mine...gunna be puttin on a flat bed here shortly

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Here is mine when I first got it in 2007. Lots of chrome and window tint!

And here its is in Fall 08:

Here is the most recent from this spring w/custum bumper cutouts!

THad

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I just spunked my keyboard. Those are AWESOME trucks! There is something to be said for a flat black rig, it just kicks! And I especially love the land yacht, bigger is better don't let anyone tell you different.

And my 77 Ford has a 44HD in it, I've yet to manage to bend it all banana like

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Unfortunately its purple-ish. It almost looks blue until I put my blue topper on it and then it looks purple. The guys at work never let me forget it. I tell them some things just glitter and shine.

Paint and being pretty doesnt help it run any better.

Thanks!
Thad

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Unfortunately its purple-ish. It almost looks blue until I put my blue topper on it and then it looks purple. The guys at work never let me forget it. I tell them some things just glitter and shine.

Paint and being pretty doesnt help it run any better.

Thanks!
Thad

Is it that saphire blue, looks blue in direct sunlight, but turns purple as soon as the light fades a little?

I had a 1995 F-150 that was saphire blue, funnest truck I ever owned with a 5.0/5spd. I had "PSYCHO" in 12" tall bright yellow letters on the tailgate. :sly

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And my 77 Ford has a 44HD in it, I've yet to manage to bend it all banana like

He didn't bend it, the center chunk split in two! My ex had the same type of axle failure in her old '77 El Camino, we think the differential came apart and something got caught on something and everything ended up looking much like this D44... Guess 12-bolts can't really hold up to big power when drag-racing a Mustang while fully loaded with your friend's furniture and stuff :rotflmao Yeah, she's running a trussed 14-bolt now in her new '77, ever seen an 8-lug El Camino? ;Really

And Hyde, is there supposed to be an engine somewhere in this big mud pile ya got under the hood?

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trolling around for a week or so reading up on my new truck. The info is outstanding and I can't get enough. Anyway, I came across this thread this morning and been drooling ever since. So I figured I would post mine.

I started off with an 89 f250 5.8 4x4 that I've had since I was 20...and I'm going on 34. So I love this truck and have no desire to get rid of her. She loves me, and hated my ex-wife...so the trucks a keeper. Well a long time friend found this in a field for me, and gave it to me as a graduation present.

This truck started life as an 88 f350, 4.10ls, 4x4 with a 460 5 speed. It has custom interior from a shop in Albuquerque, which is in outstanding condition. Well some num num took the engine, front axle, trans, tc, and drivelines for a van conversion.

Well other friends and my parents chipped in and got me this for graduation...in not so great condition. Driveline works great....body and steering are done.

It's got everything I need...including.....

So after wanting a diesel for the past 10 plus years, I finally get one. Best part is, it's paid for and I can build it the way I want. I got the blue body for $400 and the diesel flatbed for $1k. If I had known I would have gotten a new truck for graduating college, I would have done it straight out of HS. lol. So anyway, thought I'd dirty this thread with my beloved beaters.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig;Sweet

where are the jacks on your cab over?:confused:

there is 2 on pass. side and one on drivers side in the middle if you look close in pic you can see it, that is how it was when I bought it, but after that camping trip and taking it off I am now replacing all with 4 new in each corner. Much safer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online