She's ok, but the trucks gonna need some help

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
i was a little scared at first to click that link, nice truck though ;Sweet
Yeah, I wasn't sure where this thread was headed after than.:rotflmao

Glad you're OK. I just drove back from Texas & 100 miles out of Dallas, I stopped to have my tires balanced because the truck was beating the crap out of me. Turned out the tires were out of round & I had a broken rim, BUT every lug on every wheel was loose. Some not even hand tight. Aluminum aftermarket wheel at the time too. I still have 32 of those lugs in the pics above if you need some. They are kinda nasty looing but I can try to find 8 "nice"ones ifin you need 'em. Ya know I just remembered I have some long lugs from my old AR/Ford wheels too. I think I can help ya out 1 way or another if you can't find any.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
hmm, well i'm going to look around and try to find some of those lugnuts... if not i might take ya up on yer offer there...

and h20, i don't think i know anyone by the name of "blaze", what does he drive though, i know people by vehicle...haha :confused: i haven't been here too long though, and headed back to ocala, fl in 2 weeks :D

and again, thanks fer everyones help :thanks:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look like American Racing to me. I've seen that exact wheel hanging on the wall at Hoaks 4Wheel Drive.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Those look like American Racing to me. I've seen that exact wheel hanging on the wall at Hoaks 4Wheel Drive.

It could be any number of brands. Mickey Thompson started that style I think but so many companies have "knockoff" versions, it could make your head spin. I think it was already established that they are Vision Wheels. Good thing for her is if she finds another wheel by another manufacturer in the same style, nobody will probably notice.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I ain't gettin' away I'm just going home to where I belong, hahahahaha!!!!

I'm trying to get a price on them "vision" rims. I guess if anyone finds one or for some reason has one like it and they want to get rid of it, let me know the price... thanks ya'll...!!

Cowboy2199

Ford Diesel Tech
Reaction score
Now, my other question is, theres all this talk of proper lugnuts... for the alloy rims, what are the right kind, the ones that *were* on there are sort of a longish kind (not acorn style). are those the right kind that ill need to replace?

The lugnuts you have on their are the ones that are almost 2.5" long, and have a chamfered shoulder to contact the wheel.

As for finding a wheel to match, check out a couple of your local tire dealers that handle wheels as well. That looks like the american racing type of wheel out local Goodyear dealer handles. Here is a link to the pic. Check out the polished one. Wheel designs of this style are about a dime a dozen out there..

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...le=172&desc=1-piece alloy, polished&section=S

Maybe thats what yer lookin for cutie..

Cowboy

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a price on them "vision" rims.

I checked around today and can't find this style Vision 171 wheel anywhere on the net, most others in this style are around $120 - $130. Best bet would be to contact Vision and have them let you know where a local distributor is.

All the best for your move "back home"

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the AR Baja's installed on my truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

I paid $112 a piece CDN for them brand new in the spring... Strangely, I can still get them from the same vendor for $116 CDN on their CDN site, but, they're $132 USD on their US site, these are 16x8 polished wheels. WEIRD

And, no, my truck isn't twisting into a pretzel... There's a 2" BL under the cab and not under the bed in that picture.

Last edited: