She's ok, but the trucks gonna need some help

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
ok well.... here are a few more shots of some stuff....

You must be registered for see images attach

are those lookin' like the right lugnuts?? i can't get the pic of the rim to load right, but they say "vision" on the center caps?? :confused:

now thats a redneck fixemup if there ever was, only thing missing was the dayum duck tape! :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Cool redneck fixemup! You did good!!!

The lug nuts look like they are right. Most wheels I have seen with that type of depression use a lug nut that has a bevel on the inboard side. The wheel has a bevel cut in the wheel to match. I think that is what you have. The wheels could use the shouldered type though and if that is the case, those are WAY off. The shouldered type have a washer on them, but the reason I think yours are beveled is that most of the ones that use the washer have a little machined spot that the washer sits in.

At some point, spin one off or look at the ones from the wheel that went AWOL if you have any and see if they have a bevel on them and then see if the recovered wheel has a bevel to match.

On Edit - after looking again, there is no way those wheel would use the washered type. They would not clear the center cap. Just make sure you have matching surfaces, lug nut and wheel stud opening on the wheels (if that makes sense) and you should be good to go.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That caliper has a torn boot. Just replace the caliper. Aluminum rims are nice but.... Chrome rims are so much easier to clean. Just spray or brush on some rust remover and wash it off. Job done and no polishing till your fingers fall off. It used to be called Navel gelly rust remover..... Kinda neat stuff.:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are vision wheels they are "type 171" http://www.visionwheel.com/v2002/Vision Wheels/VW Individual Pages/171.htm Still in production and available.

I called Vision on this wheel and they say the "type 171" uses conical seat lug nuts. Here's their contact information page http://www.visionwheel.com/v2002/aboutus.htm

They have some nice looking dually wheels too;Sweet

Mickey Thompson, Centerline, American Racing, Eagle alloys and Summit racing have this style of wheel too and from what I find here in this style, http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...sview=sku&Nao=0&Ns=P_SRE_DisplayPrice|0#rstop , they all use conical seat on these brands. Hope this helps, Good luck

Last edited:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
hey tonka, thanks soooooooooo much fer that info, cause i was clueless on "vision" rims LOL ... much appreciated! hopefully gunna get this wreck rollin' sometime soon... err caliper replacement too, i'm poor.... and moving, so that means even poorer :cry: such as life!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Truckingirl... You can buy just the boot and not the complete caliper but I feel good brakes are better than a move. Bad brakes can cause you to move to the boneyard (grave) and nobody here wants that. Glad you know how to drive that nice truck. My daughter learned how to drive in my crewcab. The boys really thought she was hot driving it. She was not intimadated by the size of it and now at 25 she still likes to drive it. She now owns a new 2006 chevy extra cab to play with.:D

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Perhaps I need to post that picture of a 4 wheelin girl from this coast siting fully under the hood of her 1970 F250 with an ear to ear grin on :D :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, she's very taken, and not by me cookoo

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Were you speeding???!?!?!?!?!!?

Looks like 65 in a 55 to me.

I didn't have anything inporatnt. Just wanted to butt in. Well - I'm going to hop in the pool - I'm in LA today.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey tonka, thanks soooooooooo much fer that info, cause i was clueless on "vision" rims LOL ... much appreciated! hopefully gunna get this wreck rollin' sometime soon... err caliper replacement too, i'm poor.... and moving, so that means even poorer :cry: such as life!

You're welcome...I never heard of Vision before speeder mentioned it being on the caps but I'm pretty good at digging stuff up....768k DSL helps too.

If you need to get some used parts to save a few $$$ you can search salvage yard inventories & prices all over the country through this site www.car-parts.com Makes it a whole lot easier than calling every place in the phone book praying they might have something at a decent price.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for both AR and M/T wheels using standard acorn lugnuts, the summer wheels for my truck are AR Baja's, and a buddy of mine has a set of Classic II's for his truck.