She's ok, but the trucks gonna need some help

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there, in my old 75 chevy with 4" lift and 33's. Same side too, except mine lost the wheel bearings, sheared off the axle shaft, and came to rest ontop of the tire.(with roter still attached) That was before cell phones so I had to walk to a house in a not so great neighborhood after midnight. cookoo
Luckily I found a house where 2 guys were sittin in the garage in the dark drinkin a 40 of king cobra. They seen me drive by with sparks flyin and offered to let me use the phone and told me I could sit there until I got help. I guess it coulda been worse LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OUCH! Looks to me like she made out pretty well though all things considered. I think the front clip alignment problem is pretty well identified in the photos. Looks to me like that drivers side core support mount has seperated from the frame. Either the bolt broke, or it pulled through at one end or the other. Too bad she's not on so we can ask her if that vibration she had been feeling was concerning her at all. ;Really

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
She said no vibe at all or whatsoever, and the air pressure check right before leaving noted no missing lugnuts. Just a boom like a chuckhole but saw no hole so figured a blowout. Then saw the tire rolling away.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very lucky I say. At what speed did this occur? Did it flat spot the brake disc?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch......Glad you're OK & truck is'nt hurt too bad. BTW happy 21st birthday.

If you need somebody to help align the body panels or shoot a little paint on the flair or fender if needed give me a shout, I used to be a bodyman many years ago and still do a little now and then, shouldn't take but a day if it's all still as good as it looks I'm up here near Fayetteville.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now, her truck sits an hour from home after a friend picked her up. Anyone think of a good game plan for this? If I wasn't 600miles away it'd be on the uncles flatdeck and safe back on her farm. First thing I'm concerned with is her belongings sitting at a random gas station. Second, what exactly broke. Thirdly, how to help keep this trooper chin up after her trusty steed took a fall...

Yep, U-haul tow dolly, $19.95 for 1 day. If she can't get somebody to haul it with the dolly PM me, I'll pick her up and run down there, anybody else up for a road trip.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Good offer tonkadoctor, she thanks ya much. As of now Sam got another tire mounted on the actually unbroken (but a few stripped) studs and is limping home with a friend following in a toyota taco.

In other news, on her login problems, after the "thanks for logging in" page appears, she is redirected back to the login page. Mozilla is set correctly for cookies and passwords, and the AOL browser does the same thing too. Never had that happen to me.

Adrianspeeder

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
My brother had that happen to him on his 79 F150 with 11 inches of lift and 17" wide by 40 " tires it came off the passenger side at 65mph studs broke off caved in the fender and fround the rotor and half the hub off by the time it stopped but other wise all was good. Yes aluminum rims are very bad about working loose as for whats outa line its hard to tell with the wheel off need to get it sitting level before trouble shooting but I doubt its anything to serious glad shes all right though

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good offer tonkadoctor, she thanks ya much. As of now Sam got another tire mounted on the actually unbroken (but a few stripped) studs and is limping home with a friend following in a toyota taco.

No problem, Hollar if you need anything......

For crying out loud will one of you young bucks latch on to this one so she doesn't get away or hurt!

BTW my place is roughly half way between you 2 give or take a few. Got a 32x24 shop loaded with every tool you ever wanted for you to fix her truck...................Oh and a very big beautiful Chapel:angel: just up the street a mile. ;Sweet

Hey just looking out for ya:D ;Really

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Good news truck's home safe as of now. Limped home below the speed limit with the caliper tied up on the spring (safety first :eek: :rolleyes::rotflmao )

You must be registered for see images attach

Panel seems to have shifted again after getting the truck off the ground.

Adrianspeeder

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is Tanya- I'm to lazy to actually log off BJ's name. <yawn> anyway Glad she is OK, and tell her that on AOL it will not let us log in unless we click that remember me box. Not sure if that will help her log in problems or not but thought I'd throw it out there.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a new backing plate and rotor will fix most of it. Can somebody please get a hose!!! LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
No problem, Hollar if you need anything......

BTW my place is roughly half way between you 2 give or take a few. Got a 32x24 shop loaded with every tool you ever wanted for you to fix her truck...................Oh and a very big beautiful Chapel:angel: just up the street a mile. ;Sweet

Hey just looking out for ya:D ;Really

:rotflmao come on speeder i will even give you some fuel to run down there.

i would pull the body lift myself if it keeps shifting like that, those lifts put allot of extra stress on cab mounts and such. maybe drop it down to a 1 inch if you need to have one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin