Set of Injection lines on EBAY maybe new

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the seller has no knowledge of them either. 6.9 and 7.3IDI use different lines, and these DEFINITELY do not fit the PowerStroke, as listed in the ad.

Probably a good buy for someone that needs spares.

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that he used the powerstroke word also. I think most of the lines on the 6.9 and 7.3 are interchangable. The last time I ordered lines for my 88 7.3, I actually replaced the #1 line with one for the 6.9 so that I would not have that timing probe thing there. They seem to always leak and are hard to work around with the turbo hat and air filter system.

akoldnav

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.9 and 7.3IDI lines ARE interchangeable, however they are not identical. (It's a trivial difference, but it's there). The 7.3IDI lines are .060" shorter.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Mr_Roboto said:
The 6.9 and 7.3IDI lines ARE interchangeable, however they are not identical. (It's a trivial difference, but it's there). The 7.3IDI lines are .060" shorter.

Must give the injectors the slight increase in pressure to pop them off sooner and or pop them off at a higher pressure seeing the injectors are different code for the 7.3's.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yaric008 said:
Must give the injectors the slight increase in pressure to pop them off sooner and or pop them off at a higher pressure seeing the injectors are different code for the 7.3's.

You're going to love this. The 7.3IDI injector pintles are withdrawn .060" for emissions purposes. Again, a trivial difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351