service truck??

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I drove my old '84 2wd C6 truck every day as a service truck doing rental maintenance. It had an old Eagle lift on the back and a bunch of tools/appliances/lumber at all times; I probably averaged 1500 in tools and eq plus the weight of the liftgate. That old girl kept going no matter what, and most of the problems I had were caused by me being cheap and/or burning WVO. The C6 went and cost $700 to rebuild, but other than that, it performed beyond expectations, averaging 17 MPG loaded. It was as slow unloaded as it was with 3 commercial coin-op washers in the bed, but I would recommend an IDI to any service tech as a work truck.

I'm trying to treat my "new" truck better and use it more as a weekend runabout, so I'm working on the little froo-froo stuff more. It's nice to be able to park it and take my time; but an IDI can also be ridden hard and put up wet.

Reaction score
Just changed the autolites out not to bad but they were about a month old. Put berus in and wow what a difference. Before on cold start the thing would buck and smoke pretty bad even with the autolites that were pretty new. No such thing with the berus very good plug. Next up is finding a good ip to send to Mel for a moose. Now do you guys use delpi bbs even for your turboed trucks

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed the autolites out not to bad but they were about a month old. Put berus in and wow what a difference. Before on cold start the thing would buck and smoke pretty bad even with the autolites that were pretty new. No such thing with the berus very good plug. Next up is finding a good ip to send to Mel for a moose. Now do you guys use delpi bbs even for your turboed trucks

Although my rig does not have a turbo, BB code injectors are what is recommended, turbo or not. These injectors will provide slightly more power when comparing to the other code injectors. Delphi BB's are working well for me even though they have only been in for a few months. Performance injectors are provided by Mel "agnem" on this website and Russ "typ4" also provides good injectors. Cheap ebay remanufactured injectors=no good! I had issues with Mylex International reman injectors, which is why I share my experience about my luck with remans....all in hopes to save someone else's time, potential damages, and money later on down the road. Sometimes it is better to spend the additional money for new injectors.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Idis are great trucks for any type of work and driving. I agree stay away from the v10 whatever you do