Serpentine Drive belt

wolf5842

Reaction score
My drive belt came off twice today! Both time after driving in a puddle where water may have splashed up and wet the belt. The first time it came off, I used a knife to cut the old belt from around the harmonic balancer and replaced it with the back up belt as I always keep one in my vehicles. The second time this evening, the now new belt did not only come off but cut my trans oil cooler lines. Anyway as you may have seen on the news we've been getting tons of rain here in Ga. and I looking for quick help if there is some mod which can be done to prevent this as I need my truck and don't really have the time to read the forums I need to focus on keeping us dry as the waters are rising. Background: tensioner seems fine and none of the pulleys are damaged in any way.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The reason the belts come off is either the tensioner or the idler pulley is shot. Check them both. The tensioners are cheap on ebay.

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the idler pully the bearing in my was all worn out and threw the belt twice in one day too.