Selling upgraded drop in fans!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded cooling fan! Completely drop in, bolt on upgraded fan!
My 9 blade: 22" diameter, 8lbs 6 Oz, 324 sq. in. of blade surface area or 160% more fan area than stock.
Factory 7 blade: 22", 7lbs 0 oz, 202 sq. in. of blade surface area
Slightly more engine noise than stock, but not a large amount. Me personally I couldn't hear a difference but my wife could. I noticed two major things running it, First off when locked with a load 12-13k lbs trailer plus truck; when it locks on, coolant temps decrease steadily, almost rapidly. Before they would eventually cool down but very slowly with the stock fan. Second, I also noticed far less cycling of the fan on and off. It seems to pull more air without being locked up to keep the motor cool. Hauling a 12-13k lbs trailer on a 60* day on flat ground, I was unable to get coolant temp above 210* Flat out this fan is cool!
For those of you who tow heavy often, have high powered idis, or both I highly recommend running this fan to help keep cool especially for the upcoming summer!
This is not the same as a 6.0 or 7.3 Powerstroke as they spin opposite. Fits v belts and serpentine idis alike. No it is not off anything else, I had it custom made to my specs to be a direct fit for idis. Yes it fits in factory shroud, pics dont work well if its in a shroud though. Fan only does not come with clutch, but uses your existing clutch.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Pm if you want to order one, or message me on facebook/messenger at a a ron ioder. Just know Im not as good about checking pm's on here as fakebook.
180$ shipped. I have paypal.
You must be registered for see images attach

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some more pictures of my truck and the recent weight i pulled with it, and the weights of the fans.

MY 9 blade fan

Factory 7 blade

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to ship to Canada?

I’m curious with the more surface area if the clutch will have more slip as there will be more load?

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say I have not noticed any slippage in the almost year I have been running mine.

Also I don't think the surface area affects our fan clutch in a detrimental way. I have a buddy running almost this identical fan, except his is 27.5" in diameter
On the stock clutch. Almost a year as well on that setup holding well.

I can check on shipping costs to Canada
Pm me

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's picture proof fits on V belt too. Was able to put it in without removing rad hose or shroud but not recommended

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's picture proof fits on V belt too. Was able to put it in without removing rad hose or shroud but not recommended

I can't see that working. On the picture higher up with the fan in a serpentine setup, the pump pulley is smooth. That means it is turning the opposite direction of the engine. The v-belt pulley is going to turn the same direction as the engine.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see that working. On the picture higher up with the fan in a serpentine setup, the pump pulley is smooth. That means it is turning the opposite direction of the engine. The v-belt pulley is going to turn the same direction as the engine.
Look again, but closer this time. That smooth pulley is the vacuum pump. If that were the case, the water pumps would be different for serpentine and v belt setups.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the plastic fan is actually heavier. I swapped my obs psd with a 6.0 fan and assumed I was getting a reasonable weight savings just holding them in my hand. That was one of the main reasons I spent the coin on it in the first place.

I guess it really falls to where the weight is distributed. With the plastic fan it's mostly center, but with the steel its out at the tips of the blades as well.

So it would stand to reason even though the total blade is heavier, it still revs easier due to the placement of the body of momentum. That would explain why I "perceived" a faster unloaded rev on the psd at least.

I'm curious to see how folks like this setup.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look again, but closer this time. That smooth pulley is the vacuum pump. If that were the case, the water pumps would be different for serpentine and v belt setups.
Whoops, you are correct. I see the serpentine pulley has grooves, so it turns the same as the engine.

rvitko

Reaction score
I just got my fan yesterday and the quality is pretty amazing, the blades are as thick as a nickel and it is made in USA. I have not installed it yet and it will likely be a while before I get to it, but I wouldn't hesitate if you need better cooling capacity.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Can't seem to find your Facebook, I'm interested in one. Pm sent.

264WSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my fan on a Detroit 12.7L. I'm interested. Interested in 1 for a PSD too.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm going to be installing mine this weekend with a new fan clutch. Now that I have a digital coolant gauge I'll see how well it works :cool: