seat swap

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if the seat out of an 87-92 will bolt into a 80-86? I think these seats are a lot more comfortable.

Thanks

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
IIRC, they will. Same cab. When I had my IDI I was looking for the 40/20/40 seat out of a 94-97 to swap into my 88. Hard to find at a decent price though

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but if you currently have a bench seat and want to install captain's chairs, you will need to add hard points to the floor. Swapping in another bench should be a bolt on affair. Diddo if you are swapping out old captains for new ones.

1980-1996 are essentially the same cab. Subtle differences were made through out, but seats are compatible. Its possible that years later and before may even work. I looked at seats for a 1997 F150 once and they seemed to have similar mounting patterns.

DragRag

Reaction score
I just today put a set of 40/20/40's in my 90' from a 97' Eddie Bauer F150, and boy are they a huge improvement. My 90' Lariat buckets and console are free for the taking. Just set them in my driveway, and they are posted in the for free section so speak now or forever hold your peace. No shipping, and I don't want them around long, so come quick.

Last edited:

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
damn if only i had a reason to go to hoilister I would come get em :( i really want some buckets, What color are they?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
There is so much room to play with that it's pretty easy to mount just about any seats in these things.My drivers seat is an air jump seat out of an International 9670 cabover, the pass seat is an isolation jump seat out of the same kind of semi and my center console/flip up seat is out of a 2008 superduty. The whole mess fits together nicely and I attached it all to a subframe from an aftermarket front seat assembly, so it all bolted right in ;Sweet

DragRag

Reaction score
damn if only i had a reason to go to hoilister I would come get em :( i really want some buckets, What color are they?

The seats are tan, this is your reason to come to Hollister. There free after all so you can justify the hour and fifteen minute drive easily. Up to you though, I'm sure they will go fast, don't think to long about it.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
they are cloth right? i just gotta find a truck to use to come get em, seeing as my truck is down at the moment, and my chevelle wont fit the seats and console.... otherwise id be there tomorrow, I know i want em but i just need a way to get there

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounting points should be there to put the bolts through.

I had buckets in my f250 and hated them. When I found a bench seat out of centurian cc, I just had to look under the truck for the mounting points.

The cab was already reinforced where the bolts needed to be. There are unthreaded nuts welded to the bottom of the cab that show where the bolts need to run in order for the seat to be straight.

I just used a drill bit and came in from the bottom making the holes through the floor. The same mounting points should be present when going from bench to buckets.

I also just put a 40/20/40 bench in mine and love it. It doesnt sit as high as my last bench but that can be fixed. I hated out the buckets sat, they were far to low for me. Not at all how a truck should feel. We need to look down on people when were driving, lol.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I just need to find a seat or seats!;Sweet

Also if you are replacing a bench with a 40 20 40 set, they came in 2 configurations, one was that they were all 3 separate pieces and you needed 4 mounting points for each of the seats, and the center section had a wider base and would bolt to each of the seat mounting points,.

OR,.... You can get all 3 sections that is on a single frame with 4 mounting points for the whole thing. That is a simple unbolt the bench, and bolt on the 40 20 40 set.

Do so some shopping and ask questions, that will save you a lot of time and work.

DragRag

Reaction score
I just did the 3 separate section install last night, and one set of the bolts was a bear, and that was with having all my mounting bolts in the right locations. I thought it would be super easy, but I had to get a crow bar involved. The center just did not want to line up with the left front mounting bolt on the passenger seat. I had to convince it it did.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance we could see some pics of that setup? Sounds nice!

There is so much room to play with that it's pretty easy to mount just about any seats in these things.My drivers seat is an air jump seat out of an International 9670 cabover, the pass seat is an isolation jump seat out of the same kind of semi and my center console/flip up seat is out of a 2008 superduty. The whole mess fits together nicely and I attached it all to a subframe from an aftermarket front seat assembly, so it all bolted right in ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle