Saginaw Conversion

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so has anyone with a 9th gen truck/serpentine belt setup done this conversion yet?
iv missed that old school easy steering for many many years now and iv always wondered if it could be brought back! this modern "feel the road" crap is for the birds! :D

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Another thing for freebird to sale? LOL

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me see what I can do. I have had no time to do anything. I've been paying a buddy and my brother to box and shop my spare parts off to people. I wanted to go tomorrow but go a call at 7pm7pm that I had to be at work at 7am

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to work on getting that bracket to you this week. Could you pm me your address again freebird?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get me a diesel van serp Saginaw steering pump bracket it's SOLD!

Let me see what I can do. I have had no time to do anything. I've been paying a buddy and my brother to box and shop my spare parts off to people. I wanted to go tomorrow but go a call at 7pm7pm that I had to be at work at 7am

Hey now this is my thread i get first dibs!!! jk but seriously, i would buy one as well, if you can get one. i have been looking for awhile and have not been able to find one.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It getting shipped to freebird to make a few duplicates.

I think what your talking about is the after market saginaw with the BIG C on the front that bolts in to the stock C2 Pump location. It used to be available but so far not! It was a 100 % direct bolt in Saginaw pump for the stock Ford pump location. That Saginaw pump with the C on the front allowed a saginaw replacement, IIRC that actual saginaw pump was from a AMC car of some sorts originally, but without having it in hand I have no way to ID it

I am speaking of the aluminum bracket that is used to mount the Van saginaw pump into a PU that is used for the serpentine belt.

My idea cut the 5.0/5.8 L van bracket apart, then cut the PU bracket and weld the van pump mount to the PU bracket for the PU serpentine belt bracket then custom made cookoo:sly:Ddunno if my idea will work or not:dunno

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to double check, a powerstroke bracket won't fit an IDI, right?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO IDEA...don't got one to test...*****....going to compare the two I have a van gasser n the serp diesel truck...find the differences will post pics asap:sly

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dont leave anything out for us sig pump uneducated.:D
why do you ask that question? because the aftermarket caters to the psd sig conversion i take it or?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.