Saginaw Conversion

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO IDEA...don't got one to test...*****....going to compare the two I have a van gasser n the serp diesel truck...find the differences will post pics asap:sly

ok so a 5.8 van serp bracket WILL NOT work on a 7.3 completely different. no picks of the two side by side, but if you hold one up to an engine you can see right away it does not work. SOOO back to my original question, is the van bracket the only way to do this? the special bolt on pump is no longer available, so that is out.

and lastly, freebird are making a whole van bracket? or what is it exactly you are doing?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
why do you ask that question? because the aftermarket caters to the psd sig conversion i take it or?

I'm ripping a turbo (I started a collection) off a 95 E350 PowerStroke that's in the scrap yard. Just wondering if there's anything else I should swipe from it.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ripping a turbo (I started a collection) off a 95 E350 PowerStroke that's in the scrap yard. Just wondering if there's anything else I should swipe from it.

you should pull the ps bracket and check it against a 7.3idi it only takes about 10 minutes to get them off. if it is the same i will take it and so will a number of guys if you dont want it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well try the PS bracket if it has a saginaw pump...and bolts to the Drivers head....*** have u got to loose? Maybe a hole needs to be reamed or drilled in different location....I mean won't know till we try it right? I got no vans near me to finger it out....-cuss

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I'll try it, plenty of IDIs there (The owner has a collection of parts for his) to check it against.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try it, plenty of IDIs there (The owner has a collection of parts for his) to check it against.

did you ever check that bracket? are there any idi vans in the yard you could pull a bracket off for me? i would pay for it and shipping and throw in couple bucks for you too. i would like to get my ps taken care of soon.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added one to my F150 with 37's and the plow hanging off the front it turns easier than almost any vehicle on the road. I've also modified it a little to work better for my MM hydro winch as well.

What did you do? I have a 12K MM winch to install after I build my bumper. I also have hydro-boost.