Safety Tid Bit of The Year!.....CHOCK YOU WHEELS **GRAPHIC PICS**

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
i have you guys beat by a few years. unfortunately the understiches didn't hold, so I have a permenant knot below the skin. baseball bat to the head opened me up like a grape.

I hope Vicki don't smack me with a bat!!!! I got too many trucks and no kids to leave them to!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I will say this about jack-stands; they are safe support in about 50% of situations, but they are by no means infallible.

Properly placed wood blocks or cribbing are much less likely to topple.

The trouble with any support system is that in most cases the support winds up being right in the way of the work.

I couldn't agree more. If I can't put a jack stand under BOTH side of the end I am working on, I don't do the work. I ALWAYS chock one wheel on the other end front and back side of the tire and leave teh jack REAL handy to lift a car just in case I am the only thing holding it up.

We have jack stands at the shop for the big trucks but we also have rail road ties there too, cut off in 2 foot chunks.......one tie on the floor is better than a stand in my eyes....that 100 pound block of wood laying firectly on the floor with the truck sitting flat and level on it means it's staying put!!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have jack stands at the shop for the big trucks but we also have rail road ties there too, cut off in 2 foot chunks.......one tie on the floor is better than a stand in my eyes....that 100 pound block of wood laying firectly on the floor with the truck sitting flat and level on it means it's staying put!!

That solid wood cross-tie ain't gonna collapse like an over-loaded jack-stand can. :backoff

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
yea that -cuss bit back...i got the scout mobile, i'm goin to give it a good smash before it goes on the trailer! :rotflmao corey (dieselcrawler) saw my stitches in person over the weekend... i think he was impressed! LOL i was impressed by his 350, it was clean....i have mixed feelings on the bodykit... haha :D

i like putting the wheels on railroad ties, it gets it in the air and gives me more room. next time i will use good rubber chocks to keep it in place!

-Jon

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your ok. Now you got a battlescar :sly

I've got one on my forehead but its only a light 1" one... that there will be a real trophy ;Sweet

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that your still here to inform us on how important safety when working on our rigs are. It really can be an unnerving experience, had it happen to myself also. Had a little Ford ranger come off the stand, luckily my head deflected off the hub instead of getting pinched under it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn! Makes that smack on the forehead with the crowbar last weekend pretty pale by comparison. I needed a stitch, but just got out the super glue. :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online