Sad to say some goodbyes

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as some of you know I posted the beloved idi for sale. It’s been the best vehicle I own but for work I needed more. I wanted to say thanks to this forum sub section but I will gladly remain just now over in the powerstroke section. If anyone needs a great truck I’d love to sell it to a fellow member. I’d gladly like to stick around and help answer any questions from members but here’s a pic of the new truck. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up but the lift and brand new 35 inch tires are going up for trade hopefully for someone with stock stuff.

It’s a 7.3 powerstroke 1999 with a zf6, banks intake and banks exhaust
You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be rude sir why not keep the old girl as a second rig n the new one looks nice. An old idi is always a good rig to keep as a second unless ur needing cash

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be rude sir why not keep the old girl as a second rig n the new one looks nice. An old idi is always a good rig to keep as a second unless ur needing cash
Trust me I’m highly contemplating that. I’m trying to talk my father in law in using it to make some money. But he’s the only one I trust to work my stuff and he’s having some health issues. But Ian not in dire straights so if it doesn’t sell I’d love to keep it around.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it always a good popcorn moment seeing guys attempt to make a real living with a lifted truck. good luck with your ventures. keep the old dog around. you'd be surprised what it can do when put up against a 7.3 psd. a late model 6.7 will clean it's clock, but a 7.3 psd, it will still have a fighting chance of earning it's keep.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it always a good popcorn moment seeing guys attempt to make a real living with a lifted truck. good luck with your ventures. keep the old dog around. you'd be surprised what it can do when put up against a 7.3 psd. a late model 6.7 will clean it's clock, but a 7.3 psd, it will still have a fighting chance of earning it's keep.

I don’t understand why anyone lifts their truck. I can’t wait to get this back to stock!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone lifts their truck. I can’t wait to get this back to stock!
i just looked a little closer at the nose. interesting combo.. vocational headlights(good no fishbowls), aftermarket grille and bumper with tow sling damage...this is going to be interesting :D

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just looked a little closer at the nose. interesting combo.. vocational headlights(good no fishbowls), aftermarket grille and bumper with tow sling damage...this is going to be interesting :D

Yes the front is a little weird. I bought it through a friend of a friend who only used the truck once. I can tell he purchased it as is as someone put newer electric superduty seats in it and a newer tailgate. Cosmetically it’s flawed but the engine and 6 speed trans are solid that is all I cared about, plus the price was so good it was worth it to grab and get rid of the lift.It’s going to be a haul truck so it’s getting lowered and racking up the miles!

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man looks like a good one. I agree with the lift thing expensive tires, hard to tow with without expensive ball mounts and such. It would be great to keep the IDI around but I wouldn't want it to sit and not be used, that's not good for them they need to work and work hard..

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man looks like a good one. I agree with the lift thing expensive tires, hard to tow with without expensive ball mounts and such. It would be great to keep the IDI around but I wouldn't want it to sit and not be used, that's not good for them they need to work and work hard..

Amen, my idi was worked every day I owned it. It made me a lot of money and I take pride in what I own so it was meticulously maintained and never once gave me a roadside pit stop. The motor and trans are flawless. It scares me going to a newer electronic diesel but I had to have the power and a manual transmission. This new truck is going to be converted to a DRW Truck and lowered to stock so it’ll be a nice work rig

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Like Towcat, I suspect you may find some more surprises in there.

If I'm honest, the 7.3 is the only engine I would consider moving up to if I ever part ways with my 6.9. Don't think I could ever let go of my 1986 F250 though.

7.3 powerstrokes are still near rock bottom in terms of resale value right now, so grab em while you can. IDI's in good shape have already started to bounce back.

the 6.7 and ford 6 speed auto is a nice combo, but my god man...where the hell are the valve covers!?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I already found the surprises. It has a body lift :barf: all this is coming off ASAP. New bumpers. Dually rear axle and bedsides. Stock size wheels and tires. On the plus I found it has a full exhaust and straight downpipe

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the radiator fluid is clean as new and the engine oil even after driving it the last two days is still clear brown not black at all

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
WAIT ONE MINUTE! I have to agree that you should keep the IDI. Even if you do sell it, there's absolutely no reason why you have to leave this sub forum. Look at 79jasper. If I remember right, he sold his IDI, but he's still here. Your advice is still valuable and the experiences you had with your IDI truck (good and bad) are unique to you. You'd still be welcome here even without an IDI truck.