sad day

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bitter sweet week. I bought a suburban and sold my IDI. I was glad to be rid of the cab cancer for a day or two, but miss the smell of diesel fuel in the drive now. Still have a Powerstroke, but just not the same.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help and advice along the way, I may be back if I run across a deal somewhere.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the **** scent of IDI :( Come back soon

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the **** scent of IDI :( Come back soon

:eek::puke::puke::puke::puke::eek:

technically if its a 6.2 or 6.5 its still an idi. just not international.... actually to be even more technically correct, my 1996 6.5td suburban 2500 had a international (navistar) cast engine block. So i guess its an international IDI too lol.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek::puke::puke::puke::puke::eek:

technically if its a 6.2 or 6.5 its still an idi. just not international.... actually to be even more technically correct, my 1996 6.5td suburban 2500 had a international (navistar) cast engine block. So i guess its an international IDI too lol.

But do they all have the scent that whispers of loyalty and love in your ear late at night? The C6500 flat bed I used to drive at work smelled like lies and disappointment. The new gasser I got last week smells like mildew and lonliness.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend finds none of these attractive on me.

But I guess what you're saying is Creighton doesn't have to leave the fold?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
But do they all have the scent that whispers of loyalty and love in your ear late at night? The C6500 flat bed I used to drive at work smelled like lies and disappointment. The new gasser I got last week smells like mildew and lonliness.

You must be registered for see images attach

Motor was cast by Navistar. IDI motor by design, truck had a bunch of stupid little quirks, the cheap plastic parts on the dash were starting to fall apart even though my ford is older and after replacing 2 IP's on this thing to the tune of 1500 bucks i said to heck with this thing and the stupid optical sensor. I do kinda miss it, guess i am a *********./

edit: i used to joke that if the Burb could speak i would near nothing but lies and deceit. "oh take me to orlando, i won;t leave you on the side of the road"

bghnkinf350

Reaction score

So what you are saying is I should throw a gallon of Diesel on my wife? Either it will be an aphrodisiac or I am sleeping with the dog!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I thought the 6.5 was a Detroit design.....was this a contract between the two?

its an IDI, indirectly injected design. AMG went to Navistar to build their improved blocks over the GM block. The improved block was a replacement in many Hummer trucks. I happen to score one in this Suburban. Beautiful navistar logo in the valley of the motor.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My burb is a 99 with a 350 gasser. Everyone convinsed me that since I tow instead of using the bed this was a good move.....I like the ride, but when I pulled our mower (a 60" dixie chopper) onto the trailer and could see the rear end drop about 3" I started to question my judgement. Now when I try to put 6 head in the bumper pull stock trailer or hook to the camper I may realize that this was another dumb move.

I guess the old Ford tractors we have around are technically IDIs and are Fords to boot, huh may have to hang around for a while afterall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online