Rust gotta hate it

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well I just got done cutting out the cab corner and welding in a new one luckily it was down where I added the spray on bed liner so it made finishing the job much easier then having to paint it I got a few pics of before during and I will get some after ;Sweet

Attachments

• rust.JPG
    rust.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 25
  • rust1.JPG
    rust1.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
  • rust2.JPG
    rust2.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 28

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wanna do mine next! Body work, I hate it!!! I actually thought about spraying my whole truck in the spray on bed liner. :)

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that too Scott that stuff is pretty tuff too if you get a good clean surface I was afraid it would peel off but if its clean ain't no way I had a hard time grinding it off even

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well got the tape off and heres the finished project not perfect but better then the rust now I just gotta do something about those ratty steps :mad:

Attachments

• rust3.JPG
    rust3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 29

Exekiel69

Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
well got the tape off and heres the finished project not perfect but better then the rust now I just gotta do something about those ratty steps :mad:

Not perfect? It looks perfect to Me

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks great to me as well. Like I said, want to schedule mine now or later! You can fix my cab corners, I will drool over that bumper on your truck while you do it! :)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Looks good Aric. ;Sweet
since the weather was so nice today 64F I went out being inspired by your craftsmanship and ground off what seemed to be 30 pounds of rust off of the Beef and primed it up. ;Sweet
Gotta play with the new air tools from christmas (DA sander and air drill) :D
Couple of hours snorting paint chips, rust and primer. ;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks guys it looks good with the bedliner its textured and hides the imperfections I would have had to spend more time sanding and adding bondo for paint I beleive the spray on bedliner is the same herculiner brand as the roll on I can't remeber for sure but I'm glad I used it its been on almost a year and no rock chips it holds up good I had a heck of a time grinding it off to weld the new panel in

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Aric, I have the solution to your steps. Use the spray on bedliner! I want some nerf bar steps like yours and I would want them sprayed so they are fairly non-slip and will never rust or need repainting! ;Sweet A friend of mine had the brush guard on his Landcruiser done because the paint or powdercoat was coming off.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
yea I thought about that too Mel but the problem is they are aluminum and corroding and one of the nuts on the inside that holds the step on already fell out so it probably won't be much longer till they fall off or I can't get them off I'm thinking about bending up my own tube bumpers and ussing the spray on liner for them and maybe adding some back up lights and turn signal/side markers just need some time

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
yea I thought about that too Mel but the problem is they are aluminum and corroding and one of the nuts on the inside that holds the step on already fell out so it probably won't be much longer till they fall off or I can't get them off I'm thinking about bending up my own tube bumpers and using the spray on liner for them and maybe adding some back up lights and turn signal/side markers just need some time

Yeah, bend your own nerf bars and then spray them. What about the flat area you step on? Can you heat and pound that area flat or bolt something on for a step? Homemade would probably be stronger anyway. As always we'll need pictures of what you come up with!! ;Sweet

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I live in a the western dry climate. My 88' has zero rust just cause its been in colorado its whole life. If anyone needs rust free parts we got bunch out here including whole trucks.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Go ahead and rub it in classic its the only problem with owning an older truck around here I'd rather replace mechanical parts all day then have to do body work but I didn't know Colorado was a dry state I thought there was a blizzard out there :D :rotflmao

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Go ahead and rub it in classic its the only problem with owning an older truck around here I'd rather replace mechanical parts all day then have to do body work but I didn't know Colorado was a dry state I thought there was a blizzard out there :D :rotflmao

It is, they just don't use salt!!! Chains and 4X4 or stay home. :)

They get so much of the white stuff there isn't enough salt around to melt it all. :rotflmao