Russ, Turbo upgrades and intercooler ?'s

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This is aimed mainly at Russ cause he's is the king of turbo's IMHO. When I go and do my head gaskets and head studs, I want more boost.

So my first question is I want to do something to the turbo to get it back into its efficiency range when making say 12psi. I'm thinking that stock at 12psi it will be super heating the air, I want a wheel and housing that it wont be super heating the air at that psi. I do realize that I will put an intercooler on it, but I would still like it better if it wasnt super heating the air and then going into the intercooler, compared to not super heating the air and going into the intercooler. So what are my options? Didnt you do like a super 60 wheel and housing on your's or something like that?

Second, Russ, are you the guy to see about picking up some boost tubes off of a PSD that I could fab into tubes I can use? How about making me one of those fancy intake hats that you have? Know anybody selling a stock 7.3 PSD intercooler cheap?

sootman73

Reaction score
X2 for me. i can prob make most of the parts and tubes but would like to know about the different housing!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an 07 PSD intercooler and rad for sale on craigslist here both for like 120 or something, ive been looking at it and have almost gone out and got it. So its still there if its usable on out trucks?

sassyrel

Reaction score
funny--its usable---like everything else--just fabricating work to get it in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Except Russ has a 6.0 intercooler on his truck, which is bigger than a 7.3 intercooler, and when he pulls grades with his camper/sand rail his temps climb fast. He said that the 6.0 intercooler was to big, and it was blocking to much of the rad, he was going to swap it out for a 7.3 intercooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online