Runs better when cold

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I dunno why but it seems my truck has more get up and gooooo, when its first started in the mornings. Before the truck has time to get up to operating temperature. Anyone able to take a stab at this one?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my thoughts too. Advanced timing.
I don't get onthe go pedal hard till it's warmed up anyways so I've never noticed that.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my thoughts too. Advanced timing.
I don't get onthe go pedal hard till it's warmed up anyways so I've never noticed that.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines the same way and my cold advance don't work. i think its something with the when your oil is thicker has better oil pressure and the turbo spools up better when there is better pressure to it. cause my turbo will just about whistle when its cold and dont once it warms up and my oil pressure drops

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
My truck dose the same also on a cold morning even after a good warm up it runs out the gears faster. Colder air condenses better!

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing or what about little cooler oil giving a little better compression:dunno, cooler air helps for more dense charge.
If I had to pick one I would go with timing, after everything warms up it could be "less" advanced overall.