runnin dry

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
picked up a 96 3500 truck with 6.5l turbo, ran great before the fuel line between the tank and the lift pump rusted out, replaced the line and installed a new lift pump, fuel through the bleed but nothing through the injector lines, cranked it so much had to replace the starter and I put new battery's in it while I was at it, cranks like crazy, all injector lines are loose at the injectors and have gotten very little if any fuel to an injector or two. anyone got any tricks? I even tried a vacuum pump to suck the fuel through, no luck, did running this thing outta fuel screw up my almost 200K IP pump? I got a 97 and swapped out the PMD from a runner so that not it. anyone? thanks in advance.:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's very possible the ip bit it from fuel starvation.
I just lost one on my ford after running out of fuel.

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
yep, injection pump took a poop.........took it off an brought it to midwest fuel injection and they confirmed it......oh well, whats a grand???

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, injection pump took a poop.........took it off an brought it to midwest fuel injection and they confirmed it......oh well, whats a grand???

Sucks that you had to dump THAT much $$$$ right after getting it. I suppose if it was 'low' enough, might make you feel better. But, at least it's a $1000 IP vs having to rebuild the motor for something..... :sly

nitrohogg

nitro ******
Reaction score
ok! new pump installed today! nice labor day! she runs perrty good, she's smoking quiet a bit but the guy I got it from was dumping raw fuel down the intake and I figure theres some raw fuel in the exhaust pipes....so I throw the tech 2 on her and put it in timing mode and the pumps actual timing is in the 12's.....way off! maybe that's causing some of my smoke? anyway, tomorrow is another day! any feedback on the smoke? seems lite grey, no pressure out of the cooling system but lots of blow by outta the crankcase, lotta **** was sprayed down the intake though. everything from diesel to brake clean!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online