RUH ROH! Oil on injector tips

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled all my injectors today, most were leaking... rear 2 cylinders had what appears to be oil on the tips.

Any idea? Rings, valve seals, head gasket? CDR valve was cleaned out about 100 miles ago, appears to function right.

I'd certainly be surprised if a ring is bad with only 136k. Can a stuck ring do this?

If I were a betting man, I'd say a bad head gasket, the cdr valve may have let oil into the intake. The extra BTU's lifting the heads in back.

Only other thing I can think of, is the PB blaster actually seeped all the way down and pulled crud with it...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were these pulled with the engine hot or cold? There is plenty of oil in the intake, and most of it goes to the back 2 cylinders when you have a standard stock CDR setup.

runaway!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor was cold, hadn't been started in 3 days as I was cleaning up and painting the fuel lines.

If there is excessive oil getting in there, it should be all coked up right? I may just use a bore scope to check for build up.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That probably wouldn't concern me then, until you convert to a road draft tube, and try the same test again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online