Rodney red, Mishimoto or other??

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Ive got a mishimoto. Feel a little less patriotic....
biggest problem is the drain plugs are O ring, but theres no recess for the O ring... picture just smashing an Oring in between two flat pieces... twice. Because theres two drain plugs.

Other than that the jurry is still out. Ill have a good report when we start haulin cows out in a month or so.

I dont doubt a red is a superior product by any means

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my Rodney Red for 8 years now. Love it. No issues or problems at all. Really keep my coolant temps under control when hauling the camper in the summer. I have an intercooler and AC condenser in front of it as well. Coolant temps are not an issue when hauling anymore.:Thumbs Up

The buy in is steep though.

Heath

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
darn, I think the spectra one was like almost 400$ I feel like I can have one made for around that much

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
darn, I think the spectra one was like almost 400$ I feel like I can have one made for around that much
I had considered doing just that, but in the end, it was the prospect of extended down time that made me decide against it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Best look closely at what you have and what you may buy. Count the number of fins per inch on the tubes and the number of tubes. If you go from 16 fins per inch to 12 fins per inch you will get poor cooling. This info is strictly for copper brass radiators. Aluminum is way different. My Rodney Red has 2 very wide tubes in the core. It has either 15 or 16 fins per inch.I simply can't get it hot. I run hard when I run too.

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best look closely at what you have and what you may buy. Count the number of fins per inch on the tubes and the number of tubes. If you go from 16 fins per inch to 12 fins per inch you will get poor cooling. This info is strictly for copper brass radiators. Aluminum is way different. My Rodney Red has 2 very wide tubes in the core. It has either 15 or 16 fins per inch.I simply can't get it hot. I run hard when I run too.

I am leaning heavily towards the Rodney. Amazing quality from what I have heard. Buy once cry once right

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a champion for under 200, the truck don't see temps above 210, buried up a grade.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$850 for a radiator? Wow, a lot of idi owners didn't even pay that for ther entire truck. Total ripoff imo but I'm sure its built well. Would never pay that much for a rad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726