Respectable 1/4 mile time?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I went to the drag races last nite & there was a pretty large turnout for the truck class. A buddy of mine ran an 02 PSD (with a few goodies from Ken) & put down a 14.46. Now him & I have raced just fooling around & I can't even begin to hang with him. There were no IDI's out there running last nite but I was wondering if anyone with similar mods to mine has run the 1/4 mile & what their times were. I know these trucks aren't dragsters, but damn, it looks fun.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
I went to the drag races last nite & there was a pretty large turnout for the truck class. A buddy of mine ran an 02 PSD (with a few goodies from Ken) & put down a 14.46. Now him & I have raced just fooling around & I can't even begin to hang with him. There were no IDI's out there running last nite but I was wondering if anyone with similar mods to mine has run the 1/4 mile & what their times were. I know these trucks aren't dragsters, but damn, it looks fun.

Ken has told me he can put my IDI into the 12-13 second range for about $10,000.

Hehehehehehh. That's $10,000 every few months as I blow engines...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The Beef runs at the speed of snail. :rotflmao

Sorry couldn't resist.

I think Russ and Joe touched em off back in July but can't remeber what they ran.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I'd be happy to run in the high teens with my truck. I would guess mid-18's with mine.
John

pafixitman

Reaction score
'93 CC dually w/ E4OD, 5'r hitch in the bed. I ran 20.07. Russ was in the 18's in a Banks turbo extended cab. I would love another run to see what she does w/ the turbo

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Where did you make that run? We were at 75 & 80 Dragway but they are closing. This past friday night was the last nite for open runs to the public. I think they will be open for the Outlaw Pro Street class for a few more weeks though. I was too much of a sissy to run friday but have now mustered enough courage to give it a try. Anything local ?

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
There is Mason-Dixon dragway near Hagerstown. Cecil county dragway in Cecil county. There is an 1/8 mile dragstrip near Carlisle called South Mountain dragway. I don't know if any are open, now. Cecil is pretty big, they might run later into the season than other places.
John

pafixitman

Reaction score
This was in Ohio at the IDI rally. 75-80 is closing? For good? My sister lives about a mile from that track. I figured Cecil County would be our best local bet. I saw my first Pantera @ 75-80!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes me a mile just to get through all the gears. I don't even worry about the time. LOL !

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I can't find my slips right now, but Joe was correct mine runs in the hight 18's. This was at Quacker City Raceway in Salem Ohio. The last have of th etrack is up hill, so I'd imagine times could be faster at another track. This is my truck with 190,000 miles, rebuilt pump and injectors. Basicly it will run with a stock 94-97 PSD.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Sorry, been on the road. Yeah 75/80 is closing...for good as it stands now. The oldest brother is up there in years & has had enough, but his kid(s) would like to keep it going. Problem is there are two other brothers who each own a piece of the pie. They are ready to retire & it appears 2 to 1 victory over keeping it open. Rumor is 5 million for the place from some developement co. There is also a rumor that someone has offered the same money & will keep everything as is. Time will tell I guess.

I didn't know there is a drag strip in Cecil county. I don't know if I could hang with a 94-97 PSD or not.