Replace/upgrade Oil Pressure Switch

idiambulance

Reaction score
My oil gauge isnt doing anything and It looks like its the switch. I was wanting to upgrade it like the guy in this video. I have a 6.9 Could I do the same thing on my vehicle? has anyone upgraded these and is it worth it?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the doghouse and see if you have a little or bigger oil sender. then go from there.
Could just be a loose wire

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil gauge isnt doing anything and It looks like its the switch. I was wanting to upgrade it like the guy in this video. I have a 6.9 Could I do the same thing on my vehicle? has anyone upgraded these and is it worth it?
If you go to all that trouble, what will you have? A factory gauge that says "L NORMAL H". That tells me nothing. On a truck I care about, I go to the store and get a set of aftermarket gauges that have real numbers and can give me some intelligent info on what's going on under the hood. Temperature also.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I use mine as a backup to the digital gauge. The turbo oil feed comes off the main port beside the drivers manifold down pipe. My digital is the feed slightly in front of the oil cooler header. So the if the digital reads and the stock sensor reads after the turbo feed, I have oil to the turbo. That's about all I use the stock sensor forr though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726