Removing wing window, frame and all???

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I guess I cant figure out how to get the wing window out of the door. I want to remove the whole thing, frame and all. How does one go about doing this?
I know you have to remove the side glass, but stumped after that.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I guess I cant figure out how to get the wing window out of the door. I want to remove the whole thing, frame and all. How does one go about doing this?
I know you have to remove the side glass, but stumped after that.

2 screws up on the leading edge of the door itself, then there's 1 7/16" bolt that has to come off that is burried behind the door panel.
From there with the main window all the way down, you can work the vent window on out.;Sweet
But be carefull as the vent window also serves as the window track as well and it'll allow the window to fall forward.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Nice, I need to replace mine down the road since they are about the only thing thats rusting on the pickup....

Thanks for the info!

sootman73

Reaction score
I need to replace my wing frame too, but they are pricey!

anyone know where to get a cheaper wing window? i really just need the seal as it leaks. Can you buy the seal only?

my passenger side works just fine-not that i can reach it to open it or close it....:dunno

my drivers side is all siliconed up by the prvious owner.cookoo

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be warned there may also be a screw that attaches through the outer door skin that is hidden under the side mirror bracket. Some use it some don't but it adds a little extra stiffness to the door assembly.

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When looking for a replacement go to the local junk yard. I got a the vent window and driver mirror and brackets all in Great shape for $28. LKQ has half off this weekend ;Sweet

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
anyone know where to get a cheaper wing window? i really just need the seal as it leaks. Can you buy the seal only?

my passenger side works just fine-not that i can reach it to open it or close it....:dunno

my drivers side is all siliconed up by the prvious owner.cookoo

I believe I have a set of wing windows. I have to get up to Bend to pick up the load of parts that I've been trying to get down here to CA, but haven't had the time to make the trip. I'm hoping to go out there this weekend since I have a three day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance