Removing the dryer

zpd307

Reaction score
that big nut was stuck on my 90 also..... the evaporator tube was crushed so i had to put a new one on anyway, so i just cut it off. good luck

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm going to have to go to HF...anyone in OK carry AeroKroil?

honestly?
I got it off the truck, IE the cornwell guy. Since im laid off i try to stay out of that truck.

But if you cant get your hands on it, ill talk to my buddys dad. he does hvac for a living.

Heads up on using the blue wrench if you system is still pressurized, some of the older refrigerents where flammable. Right between the time they switched most cars from R-12 to R-134a. And most of those fittings are aluminum...so it will melt quick...

Speaking of loc-tite, when i worked up in the mines in wyoming they produced a thread locker exclusively for caterpillar, called cat purple. You torqued w/e it was to spec then put the lock tight around the head of the bolt/ and or nut, and it would seep in around the threads. It was for things that had to be exact on torque, they felt that the loctite even being in the threads would throw off the torque, as would paint on the surfaces. If you ever had to take it back apart after cat purple was used, it required a to be blown out by an air-arc Just a interesting tid-bit totally off topic sorry.

Oh edit, try steves wholesale they have all kinds of wierd knic knacks as far as tool and work accesorries goes. believe its on admiral near 44, cant really remember, i cna get there just dont know where it is...LOL

If you still cant get it. ill be up in tulsa, see if i can help.

anthony

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online