Regular Cab, Short box F350

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I am going to build it!

Vicki thinks it's the best thing for us at the moment, and it will be an AWSOME wedding gift to myself.

Tonight, I am going to roll her out of the driveway and drive it to my buddies shop where I will do all the work.

I need to get the measurements for a Reg. cab, short box pickup, then add 6 inches. The stacks will run between teh box and the cab, but not straight up the frame rails. Thei will run inside, then up and over the top of the frame rails to the body (flush with the side fo the box and cab) then go up until they are about 4 inches taller than the cab. Mitre cut flat black with a chrome guard (4").

I am going to hack the box and cab off HOPEFULLY this weekend and cut the frame down. I will have it tack welded, then professionally welded by my landlords brother (who shortens and lengthens trucks for a living at a local shop)

The hard part will be finding a body for a decent price. I know where I can get a DAMN NEAR mint regular cab, that is gutted...for about $200.

The easy part will be installing that turbo, and exhaust system with NO BODY ON THE FRAME!!! :D

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you weren't so far away and a member here I would find that $200 cab and buy it out from under you. They seem to run $500 or better. You can find ones in that range minus the cab corners and rockers.

Sounds like it should be a pretty cool build. Small enough to maneuvers but strong enough to hold anything and pull anything. Brake lines and fuel lines will be nice and easy too!

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your only going to shorten it 12 inches? the length difference between a long bed and a short bed is 18 inches, so keeping 6" for stacks you will be at 12 inches. while you are at it, why not make it a dually, so the stacks will look like they fit.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that going to a reg cab short bed properly requires shortening your frame in 2 places, once between the trans x-member and kickup to the rear cab mount crossmember, and once between the back of the cab and the spring hangar. I have done the ex cab to reg cab before, and the long to short is very doable as well.