Recently purchased IDI.....

John K

Reaction score
I bought this pickup at an auction recently, it's an '88 F250 with a 5 speed and limited slip rear axle. I got it for $1400. It started a little hard when they sold it, and even harder when I went and got it the next day. It did run beautifully on the way home. The day after it wouldn't start at all. I replaced the glow plugs, followed by the relay, which helped none. I then got the wild idea to replace the fuel filter. Lo and behold, it lived again. I'm glad it wasn't an expensive fix.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Welcome to OB! You will find that many problems have simple and inexpensive solutions. Nice looking rig and a great price. You will be happy with it for a long time.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Welcome.
I had one like that for a short time. Exact colors except the bed was all white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a 4x4. If it is and having a 5 speed, I am completely jealous, especially at that price. When you're trouble shooting always start small

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What glow plugs did you install. Do not use champion or autolites. They are bad and will burn out fast. Swell up and sometimes require the heads to come off to remove them. Motorcraft Beur ZD9 glow plugs are the best. Please ask questions before buying from any ebay sellers. There are a bunch of them that are crooks. We list them in the Hall of Shame.