Rear Injector Higher Than Others?

ClockwerkRat

Reaction score
I recently replaced all of my injectors, and the rear drivers side injector seems to be slightly higher than all of the others. Either that or it just isn't sitting as low in the head casting.

All of them are torqued to 35 lb/ft, and the truck runs great so I'm wondering if it just has to do with the casting being slightly different or if this is something wrong with the installation.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Joe

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure the old copper washer came out with the old injector before putting the new injector + washer in? Sometimes they don't come out with the injector and you have to fish it out with a hook or pick.

ClockwerkRat

Reaction score
I fished one out with the old injector, then pulled the new one back out when it was sitting high and poked around to see if maybe they had been doubled up but that didn’t seem to be the case.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Injector washer is double stacked as golden helmet said. Pull that injector out and get the lower washer out. You can carefully use a small drill bit by hand to grab the ID of the washer.

ClockwerkRat

Reaction score
Updating to close this thread out.

The advice everyone gave was spot on, thank you for helping out even though it should have been obvious Haha.

I pulled one washer out with the old injector, but apparently the previous owner had double washered that injector, so I used a long bolt to thread into and pull the second washer out. Injector is now fully seated like the rest.

That would probably explain the extra carbon buildup in that injector bore, and my intermittent misfire.

Thanks again to the community, everyone on here has been great every time I ask a question.

Thank you,

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online