Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all yella everything. Was gunna do the pulleys black but........yeah.

pump and injection lines are going black, turbo pipes black, hoses all black.
You must be registered for see images attach

flywheel is there too out of the frame.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would look cooler if i taped the studs or something and had em black but..not time for nonsense like that. I kigjt use. Paintbrush on em still tho lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you shoulda modded your valve cover to fit your GPM first.
yellow and black, that combo rocks.
no pic, but i had a 68 GTO vert that was black with yellow trim, with BF goodrich eagle 1's with yellow wall'd tires

also, you may want to look into a serp system. makes life alot easier

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GPM is being remote mounted off the engine, and serp belt..maybe, onyl reaosn for serp being so a high amp alternator would actually work. Not at this point in time though, 6the V belts work, and just wanna get her running.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

definitly a nice unit.

the manifolds are all grinded and painted just not installed. got the the new intalke gasket on there, i welded a 3/4" NPT bung to it..oversize but what the heck why not. Tomorrow i was going to make the trans mount but I realized the engine is not vertical, its cockjed to the passenger side so im redoing that tomorrow and if I finish that in time do the trans mount. With one mount set and the rear of the engine supported I can use the crane to lift up one side of the negine, put a level on it and make sure im good. i swear it was fine before..guess it wasnt fully seated or something. Decent progress today, just took a looong time. Really hope I can have the driveline mounted and in, and driveshaft angles and lengths all measured up so I can order the final peices (few u joints, a female spline, and rear yoke). then drop iut all off to have em adjusted for length.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all yella everything. Was gunna do the pulleys black but........yeah.

pump and injection lines are going black, turbo pipes black, hoses all black.

Now...don't forget to go and turn engine over a wee bit and paint where timing tab covers harmonic....hint hint nudge nudge wink wink:sly

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookin bad ass...

I've got my serp brackets all blasted and clear coated with a satin clear to keep O natural aluminum appearance.

I'm not sure what Colour I'm going with but TAN like my six wheeler comes to mind, with BLACK pulleys, and the head studs OH Natural black oxide too. I may even do some ahem black bolts for intake and Valve cover.

I've been painting and saving parts for a while now....so I'm prepared..when ...or IF it comes time.

Like you mentioned Greg I too ground the exhaust manifolds of all casting flash and cleaned them up and have them sand blasted and may ceramic coat those and turbo parts...BLACK of course... :D

Keep it up man you are building one hell of a nice machine that when complete will provide years and years of service!

Thanks for all the updates.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riot, I did actually forget to turn it over lol. TBH the engine would need another coat to look pristine, but i dont have the time for that.

i told myself thrucks gott abe done before the snow flies. yeah..right.
im super bundled up when i work so i dont get cold, just my fingers freeze when i gotta take the welding gloves off to start a thread!
Pretty pissed i gotta remake that motor mount but of well..needs to be done.. dont think ill get much done today as i have an appoint,ment in the evening, but at least ill get some more measurements and some cardboard cutout done on it. Getting the plasma cutter has definitly been one of the best investments I have made.
Ill throw the manifolds on tonight so I can feel better about myself. I need ot get some paint on the oil cooler, thats just goin to be brushed on however.

PS, the tan with blakc woudl look hot!!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the cab sitting on the flatbed for handy storage. ;Sweet. It will go pretty quick once you get the cab set for good. You may not be completely finished with everything but it won't take long to get her rolling down the road at the pace you move. I think at this point I can definitely conceed the race. :hail

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting to see why people like married transfer cases. Oh well. spent the day jigging it up, linig an measuring things. driveshaft angle is pretty extreme, 10 degrees but thats the only way this will work without putting a massive hump in the body. engine is already on a 3.5 degree negative tilt.
tonorrow going to seal the rocker covers and bolt the uppipes on, finish the tcase mount, and build the trans cross member. The front driveshaft has to go under the mount so its getting hacked and modded, but im real low on materials so well see how far i get. thats holding me up from putting the cab on permanantly and bolting up the rear fuel tank.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as long as your truck is, it's almost not long enough for that. Your jack shaft has universals on both ends right? How much tilt do you have between the trans and tcase now?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are both at 5 degrees tilted back. Its more than I wanted to on the engine but at least driveshaft angle is lessended, and i have a decent shot at the carrier bearing now. midshaft angle is 8 degrees.

pikcin gup an 05 2 peice rear shaft tomorrow for 125$. saves me about 250$ in parts and labor to do just my rear shaft (new weld yokes, flange yoke, slip yoke plus labor to make my new shaft).
Just putting new u joints in it and having the forward part cut down to fit between my tcase location and stock hanger bearing location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle