Ranger III Overdrive on CL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good price asking there. If I had a stick shift I sure would have one of these...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I would love to have that... But me being broke, and that far away...

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always heard Rangers were noisey as the devil. Buddy of mine put one in an IH scout for 4wheeler magazine (project Tonto) and stated all you could hear was the overdrive gears howling. Eason

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Had a Ranger in my Toyota Land Cruiser behind a SBC 350. I don't recall it being any louder than anything else on that truck.

Nick

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Are you kidding Me, now they pop on cl all the time and I was looking for one for almost a year :mad:

That is a great deal right there.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score

Yes, it is, thanks.

I was out of town yesterday for the most part and wouldn't have seen this till I spoke with GSFloor today and he wants me to ship it to him in NJ, not something I am familiar with at all, but I would like to see it in the community so I'll do my best to figure it out.

I'm completely happy with my CC with the 5 speed. I truly hate to let it go but I can't justify sitting on it right now if I can turn it in to cash.

If it works out I hope GSFloor will post lots of pics on the project and maybe a vid of him going through the gears.;Sweet

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
I shipped mine to a guy in GA from MA via UPS. Just make sure you drain the oil and have something in the box to absorb any leaks. Plus the usual pack it in a sturdy box with plenty of filler...

Nick

tom37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question so I can wrap my mind around this.

Since its in front of the trans, you run thru the first 4 with the ranger in DIR,then pop it up to OD and run thru all 4 again making a total of 8.

And does this give ya an extra in R since its in front of the tranny?

I am trying to figure out my best option since my 4 speed is way way to tall in 1st. I can't even back it up the hill next to the house without using low range, or burning up the clutch. I can back in fast, no prob there, but moving it that last foot if I dont hit the hole spot on is a pain.

I think I want a zf from a 460 but 8 forward would be pretty stinking cool.

Sorry if I'm running off topic here, just tryin to learn a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin