Rabs light

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one thing I don't know much about. The light came on today coming home from work. I just brought the truck to my buddy with a shop to bleed my brakes for me cause I can't do it myself. Now the light came on. This is on the 87. Just the yellow light, not the red one. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure on any of this, snow white has been treated for rabs. :joker:

Well there might be a code you can jump through hoops to get and get lead down wild goose chase, some may chime in on that.

You must be registered for see images attach

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suspect something went array during the bleeding process. Maybe the wire to the ABS sensor at the rear axle was stretched or stressed when the truck was lifted on the lift? There is a switch in the ABS valve that may need some kind of reset after bleeding?

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Ditto on check your wiring first, these trucks are getting old. Bumping, moving, or tugging could cause a wire to no longer make contact. Had a similiar issue after doing my oil cooler seals. So just take out the wiring is good.

I was not aware you had to bleed the ABS valve when simply so thanks for the heads up TN Brett! So try bleeding the ABS valve per TN Brett.

If not I would replace the valve, bleed per TN Brett, and see if the light goes away. If you can find a new valve and that does not work its back to the electrical. But if you buy a used valve and it does not work, keep in mind the one you got may be having the same issue. (Don't want to see you chasing your tail.)

Good luck.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I brought the truck back to my friend who bled them. He jumped uner the truck and bled the rabs while I pushed the pedal. No more light, and the pedal is definitly better. He told me he usually wouldn't bleed those valves in the older trucks- if the bleeder broke off then I'd be out a valve being they are obsolete. Or I'd have to buy a aftermarket one. So all is good as of now. Thanks all.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Here I had been thinking that it's just normal for that light to always be on. I guess I was wrong.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the light came back on again after a couple days. Then it goes off. Then comes on with red brake light. Then off. Then just the red light. It stops, so I'm still driving it.