Quick n cheap cowl induction how-to

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've heard about the whistle with the cowl induction. I like your idea. That's what I would have done myself. I always thought their kit looks like it does use drier hose. I always thought that it looks cheap for the price. Yours is much cheaper and looks as good or better.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inside the round canister at the end of the aluminum tubing is the banks canister, it houses their cone filter which is made by k&n

You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicely done, love the idea! May try this myself if I can come up with an inline filter like you have.

I seen this setup with an inline filter, idk who makes it. Or if you have the factory lid you can also do like the second pic

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah.Something like "scottstang" (maybe like '67 year in there somewhere or something close? I how do I remember this stuff?) remember him? He's not been on in a long while.I copied him and use that filter too.It's pretty small though so you need to keep it clean often.

The problem with the banks/k&n was that it didn't seal.There was a large crack all the way around the front (not so bad) and the back of it (most of the issue) so you couldn't get it "pressurized" with the cowl induction.

It's here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035GS6RU

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any worry for rain water running down in there?

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there any worry for rain water running down in there?

You wouldn't believe how common that question is! It comes up in every cowl induction thread.
Answer is: Fat chance.The reason: The cowl is super,super deep.It would take several gallons to fill up to the point where it would finally overflow into the cowl duct.There are drains on each side also so it can't possibly fill up fast enough,not even with a garden hose on full.Probably not even with 4 or 5 garden hoses on full could it fill up fast enough to overflow at the cowl duct height.Eventually with a few garden hoses on and if both cowl drains were plugged up though I suppose.

chumwon

Reaction score
I seen this setup with an inline filter, idk who makes it. Or if you have the factory lid you can also do like the second pic

I have the first gen banks but I already eliminated the giant box. Will be doing a little web searching for a big enough inline I'm satisfied with. The ole girl would LOVE to actually suck some cool air!

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the first gen banks but I already eliminated the giant box. Will be doing a little web searching for a big enough inline I'm satisfied with. The ole girl would LOVE to actually suck some cool air!

Post up if you find something decent sized.