quick injection pump question

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found an injection pump that says it will work on a 88-90 and i found one that will work on a 93-95. My only question is would either one of these work on my 92? They all look the same but according to me quick referencing oreillys they have slightly different part numbers just wanted to check.

Thanks

-Jordan-

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I think any IP will work, whether it be from a 6.9, 7.3 or 7.3 factory turbo. The fuel curves and such may be slightly different, but they will all bolt up.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Haul has them listed on ebay in two different places for $240. Is that what your looking at? One is the 88 to 90 the other is the 93 to 95. Get the one 93-95 for your 92. I've got seven of them how many do you want? They also have two for $395 no core free ship.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that is where im looking at getting one, just need one, also on the 93-94 it says automatic tranny and mine is a manual, i wouldnt think that would have anything to do with the injection pump though.

-Jordan-

tknomaj

Reaction score
yea that is where im looking at getting one, just need one, also on the 93-94 it says automatic tranny and mine is a manual, i wouldnt think that would have anything to do with the injection pump though.

-Jordan-

The difference is the pieces for a throttle position sensor that is required for the auto. Other than that NO PROBLEMS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The auto tranny pump has a differant throttle linkage on the drivers side of the pump but... It wont cause you amny issues. Sometimes these pumps come with a roll pin pushed into the tiny hole in the throttle shaft. To make that pump work on an auto truck you just push out the pin and fasten the tps rotating fitting... But yes... any idi specific pump will fit and function on any id engine no matter what the size is.... 6.9 or 7.3... they all work fine. Do understand this... A non turbo 6.9 pump will not produce as much fuel as a 7.3 turbo pump so your power will be down a bit... will you or any other owner really feel this.... I don't think so.. Hopw you get whats going to best work for you....:sly The uhaul pumps seem to be the best deals yet to be found anywhere for the cost..... Thats a real plus too...

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very cool guys i appreciate the help just replaced the injectors a few months ago, and it was needing a pump i just wasnt willing to spend the money. But for this price i just ordered one! The idi will run again soon! lol

-Jordan-