Quality time with the old truck

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent that last few days with nothing else to do so I worked on the truck. I installed a pair of AirLift rear air bags and compressor, Running boards, Clearance lights on the bed sides. I also finished wiring my alarm system including the remote start and it all works. Except I have not been able to find a tach source to tell the alarm that the truck is running.?? I also did regular maintanence items like oil change, glow plugs

Attachments

• airbag compressor.jpg
    airbag compressor.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
  • airbag.jpg
    airbag.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 7
  • truck with Running boardsand lights.jpg
    truck with Running boardsand lights.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 21
  • truck with Running boardsand lights2.jpg
    truck with Running boardsand lights2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 9

Exekiel69

Reaction score
How are you doing? is the old truck runing better after that dynamic timing? are you going to finish that nice stack?

glad you decided to give her some time. :thumbsup:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work! I'm sure that heavy work truck of yours appreciated it. Was your wife sleeping in the truck bed at the time? LOL I'm curious how you dealt with the glow plugs and the remote start unit. I am planning to install one of those on my Bronco project.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
looking good! i've considered air bags for mine as well. keep us posted how you like them. :thumbsup:

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ride quality has greatly improved. it rides more like a empty half ton instead of a loaded three quarter ton.

As far as the remote start and glow plugs, Mel, The alarm I used has a delay of 8 seconds from the time the ignition circuits are energized till the starter circuit is energized. Most of the newer remote starters have some sort of delay built into allow for fuel pumps to run or what have you.

My only problem is getting it to reconize that the engine is running.The alarm manual says that the Stator wire on the altenator is the best place to get a signal on mid 80's to mid 90's Ford and gm diesels... so anyone know which wire is the stator wire?

I have been really busy lately EZ. but yes I plan to have exhuast done next month

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nice air bags, I could use some for my work van too (also 350) did you get them online?

Hope you post pics of the stacks too.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russel, I don't believe our trucks use a connection to the Stator on the alternator (at least the early trucks didn't), so you would have to run a wire right to that post on the alternator. I'll see if mine has the delay. If so, then that would make it easy.

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Russel, I don't believe our trucks use a connection to the Stator on the alternator (at least the early trucks didn't), so you would have to run a wire right to that post on the alternator.

Ok Mel so which post is the stator?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one with the S next to it, or the one that isn't hooked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online